1,601 results
All reviews fish every night st lucia marigot bay botanical gardens rented a car ti kaye resort rainy season public beach caribbean sea gros piton anse le raye pineapple plunge pool our honeymoon outdoor shower the cottages
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband and I spent 5 days at Ti Kaye. I loved it and would absolutely return again. We are definitely not your typical "resort" couple, and this is the first time we've ever stayed at an all inclusive resort such as Ti Kaye. We loved how the bungalows were set into the hillside and enjoyed the steps and privacy between each. I felt like a queen - even if it wasn't all "froo froo" and frilly. The rooms were gorgeous with incredible ocean views. I kept having to pinch myself - "is this real!?"

We also appreciated the outdoor showers and being surrounded by wildlife. If you're fit, there's no problem doing the stairs to/from the beach. The recent hurricanes have impacted the beach, but it is still gorgeous and I truly appreciated the fact that they don't import white sand just because that's what visitors want. We did have a rental car and traveled some days to do hikes and exploring [e.g. pigeon point, hike Gros Piton], but we also enjoyed just hanging out some days at the beach or in the hammocks on our porch.

I also really appreciated the resort's commitment to the surrounding environment and community. They have truly gone above and beyond to be eco-friendly and as sustainable as possible [this is major points in my book!]. The resort is also locally owned [e.g. not a mainland mega resort whose best interest isn't in the community or environment]. Of course this resort wouldn't be what it is without the incredible and friendly staff. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. They were all so friendly and shared stories and local culture and history with us. I felt truly lucky to be surrounded by the St. Lucians!

It's secluded and beautiful with incredible staff and the friendliest people! I would absolutely return and can't wait to do so!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren B
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your review 'Queen Lauren' :-)

Great to read that you enjoyed Ti Kaye and got out to explore our stunning island of Saint Lucia. Hurricanes Irma and Maria were far enough away to not do any physical damage, but as you said the sea swells did impact the beach slightly. Even since your stay though Mother nature has already gotten to work and almost put things back to normal for us.

Thanks also for noticing the Eco-friendly things we do. It easy to do nothing but relatively difficult sometimes to do even the simplest things. You've got to try though, right?

Finally, thank you for highlighting the staff. We have a great team here who all work hard to make sure you have the kind of experience that you obviously both did.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in 9 hotels on 8 Caribbean islands and normally we go somewhere new each holiday. However we love this place so we broke our habit and came back.

Our bedroom is in a cabin in the hotel grounds. It is spacious with walk in wardrobe and ensuite bathroom. The room has good aircon, a ceiling fan, a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom has a separate shower that is open to the sky so you can shower under the sun or stars. There is a private deck out front of the bedroom with two rocking chairs and a hammock.

Dining is great. The continental breakfast is very good and is served on the terrace. Dinner is a delight. We had lobster last night.

The hotel is on a cliff above a delightful beach where there is a hotel bar/restaurant, hotel restrooms and (best of all) sun loungers on the beach with staff who bring water for free and will serve you food and drink from the bar on the beach. It's great.

The beach is secluded with several craftsmen selling their products to those folks who show an interest. Most of the guests on the beach are from the hotel and I think I've not seen more than a dozen hotel guests there at one time.

The beach is predominantly sand but there are pebbles at the waters edge. So to enter the water you can either choose your entry point with care or wear some waterproof shoes.

There are three water hammocks (tethered floats) about 20 metres off the beach that you can swim out to, and climb on board and chat and admire the scenery.

Periodically a midsized pleasurecraft brings a couple of dozen visitors into the bay. Perhaps they come from a cruise ship or are just paying for a trip round the island. Sometimes they jump off and have a swim but most stay on board. They seem to set sail again after about an hour.

The staff are very friendly. The manager greeted us by name and welcomed us back to the hotel, as did waiting staff and room attendants who also knew we are returnees.

We know we are paying for exclusivity and luxury and we figure it's worth every penny.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Chris (& Sharon),

Thank you for your review but more importantly, thank you for choosing to return. We are aware it's always a risk so we're all very happy that you both thought "it's worth every penny".

Not much else to say as your review has covered all the main points (apart from the award winning underground wine cellar and our stunning Spa of course:-).

As always, if you decide to return again we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband spent the last 4 days of our honeymoon here in October.
The hotel is gorgeous, rooms are beautiful and food is very nice but lots of downfalls to this hotel unfortunately.
You are in the middle of nowhere so unless you hire a car or want to pay extreme taxi costs you are stuck to eat and drink here your full stay which is ok as the food is delicious but prices are high and the dinner menu did not change why we were there which was extremely disappointed considering the majority of guests here were of less than a week.
Rooms are absolutely gorgeous - no down fall here.
The grounds are also absolutely gorgeous but you are set in the back of a rainforest on an incline so there are steps and small inclining hills EVERYWHERE - not for the unfit or faint hearted that's for sure.
There are something like 165 steps to the beach.
The beach - disappointing!! Beds aren't white as on the pics, they're orange so don't look as picturesque. The beach is very rocky, however we had just been spoilt with Grand Anse beach in Grenada which is like walking on talc therefore I wasn't over impressed with this beach at all. It's "private" to the hotel, I don't agree.
It has a good snorkelling spot which is great but then you have 2 sometimes 3 boats at a time stopping so not very private.
The staff are the friendliest I have ever met. All of them, lovely people. They will go out of their way for you and did on a few occasions.
However you can see this resort like being tipped. Your prices are all PLUS 10% VAT and PLUS 10% service charge. What I didn't like is the fact you are expected to tip on top of this. At breakfast if you are just having the continental which is included in your price they give you a receipt in a book to sign to give you the opportunity to tip when you have served yourself. This i didn't like.
The setting is extremely tranquil and peaceful and if you want to relax then this is absolutely the place for you, just be aware of the steps and prices.
Would I return? No, reason being, it's too far for a few days and I could only do a few days here. It got a bit samey and a bit boring after that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello kellimnc21,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry you did not totally enjoy your time with us here at Ti Kaye and therefore really appreciate your kind words on the resort in general, the grounds, the quality of the food and of course "the friendliest staff ever".

Please email me directly (I cannot add an email address here but you can find it on our website) as I am curious who you booked with. Certainly on our website and with many of the tour operators that we work very closely with we are particular to mention our secluded location, This is actually one of the many reasons people choose to stay at Ti Kaye. Saint Lucia however is a volcanic island so the beaches are not like Grenada, which I agree are lovely. All beaches in Saint Lucia are public so not sure where you heard we are 'private'. Again, please contact me via email so I can amend any incorrect information out there.

As you may be aware we recently had Irma and Maria go North of us and whilst they were far enough away (thankfully) to cause no damage, they did bring large sea swells which put stones on the beach. It happens every year and day by day mother nature moves them back into the Caribbean sea.

With regards to the menus, as mentioned in a previous reply - this Summer we changed the menus round a little. We have had several comments on this, on here, on guest comment cards and verbally at our weekly cocktail party. We have taken all your wonderful feedback on board and have already revised the menu to rotate on a 7 day basis, giving out guests more choice.

Thanks again for your review which highlights that Ti Kaye is secluded and located on a cliff side 166 steps up from the beach, but as you said is "extremely peaceful and tranquil".

Happy travels!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The resort is nice but a bit outdated. Everything shows signs of wear - room furniture, resort facilities, even stairs to the beach are in need of repair. I am not talking about the road to the resort, it has been mentioned thousands times already, but the roads and paths inside the resort are totally ruined too! I tripped few times walking in the dark after the dinner. Now the restaurant: buffet breakfast is ok but the restaurant menue is limited and no variety - each day is the same. The prices are high and the food is mediocre for what they charge. Considering that the hotel is in very remote place and no other options to eat are around, you will be stuck with the same menue for a while. There is a small gift shop in the resort but no pharmacy or convenience store, so be sure you stock on basics: cold medicine, bug spray, spf etc, otherwise you will have to wait until some stuff member will bring them from the nearest village. Not really convenient. And taxi ride is expensive. So overall it’s nice place but needs a lot of improvement.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear kate191,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. All constructive feedback is very important to us.

As you can probably imagine, being in the Caribbean and above the sea means there is constant 'maintenance' in a resort such as ours. As occupancy is usually slightly lower during the Summer months we take that time to 'spruce up' around the resort. I am not sure what room you stayed in but the majority of them have already had their annual review. My apologies if your room was not up to the standard you were expecting. We have very recently patched sections of the internal road that needed doing. Again apologies this was not done in time for your visit. The main road (which does not belong to the resort) will be getting patched again this month as well.

With regards to the menus, this Summer we changed the menus round a little. We have had several comments on this, on here, on guest comment cards and verbally at our weekly cocktail party. We have taken all your wonderful feedback on board and have already revised the menu to rotate on a 7 day basis, giving out guests more choice.

As we are a small boutique resort we do not have the space for a convenience store, but our gift shop should stock basic items such as bug spray, toothpaste, sun screen etc. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have already discussed it with the relevant departments in our weekly Management meetings.

We are all disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but thank you for your feedback to help us improve.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here 9 years ago for our honeymoon. Absolutely loved it! It is the essence of a boutique resort. The layout is beautiful, the landscaping breathtaking. At least when I was there, there was only one restaurant, but the meals were exquisite and the menu always varied. The staff were so friendly, the beach was private and had such good snorkeling that other resorts would send boats out to our cove to explore the waters. It is the best place to relax. I don't know that I would want to spend an entire week at Ti Kaye without doing more than 1 excursion, but then I have a hard time sitting still. This place is still tops on my list of all vaca spots: maybe we will return for our 10th year anniversary.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Ben G,

Wow - 9 years ago, I think that's a record for the longest overdue review :-)

We would be delighted to have you both back, whether it's for your 10 year anniversary or any other time. Please contact us when you are ready for "the best place to relax".