“So wonderful to be back at Ti Kaye!”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This was our second visit to Ti Kaye and I cannot express how much we enjoyed coming back to this place. It is the complete package from the stunning and secluded location to the great beach with wonderful snorkeling all the way to the fabulous cottages and service. Always friendly and helpful. If you do visit I highly recommend their Spa as well as the Wine tasting.

We will definitely come back for a third time!

Room Tip: Highly recommend cottage: Chalet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hello Alex (and Claudia!),

Thanks for your review, and even more thanks for your repeat visit. Glad that you enjoyed Ti Kaye for a 2nd time round - and hopefully a 3rd by the looks of it...

We look forward to welcoming you both back.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I am beyond thankful to have had the chance to visit this Caribbean oasis called the Ti Kaye Resort and Spa. I rarely write travel reviews but my enthusiasm for this resort is off the charts right now so here goes...

Let's start from the beginning... once you book your trip you should call or email the front desk to arrange transport from the airport to the resort. It's an extra charge but well worth it and it's reasonably priced. Do not attempt to rent a car and drive yourself- you will regret it. Our driver was very nice- he met us curbside at the airport with a name sign and we then headed off in a nicely air-conditioned van through the jungle. Other reviews note this curvy bumpy ride... its fine, not much different than any other small mountain road in Tennessee, New Hampshire or Colorado. You go up and over the mountains of the rain forest and its amazing- take pictures! Yes, it is about an hour and half to get there and the only bumpy part is near the end of the drive once you get to the resort. On arrival, the staff greets you with delicious rum punch and if you have a little vertigo from the drive, you'll be just fine after a few sips. Ingrid welcomed us, she gave us a little tutorial of the resort and our bags were delivered to our cottage. Our room was wonderful. Two rocking chairs and a hammock on the front porch overlooking an unobstructed view of the inlet will make you never want to leave the room. I was on the fence about the outdoor shower but I will agree with everyone else's reviews here- IT'S AMAZING! Especially when one day when it rained- I showered with the rain and it was incredible! I loved the chocolate-mint shampoo and body gel. I recommend purchasing a bottle from the spa. The room was always clean, and we received nightly turn down service where the windows were closed, AC turned on, sheets turned down, and mosquito net closed around the bed. Considering we were in a rain forest, we never really got any bug bites (I just got one little bite on my foot). We brought our own bug spray, purchased a citronella spray at the gift shop and they have a very nicely scented citronella lemongrass body lotion in the bathroom I used daily after the shower - all of which seemed to keep the bugs away. They also provide citronella candle for the porch. I took the advice of other reviewers and brought earplugs. The nightly sounds of the forrest can be pretty intense but with earplugs in, you hardly notice. I slept so deeply, I had crazy vivid dreams every night and felt revived every morning. I still needed my morning coffee which was nice to get a french press and local coffee complimentary with the room.

If we were staying longer, we'd have joined some of the many excursions and activities the hotel offers off-site, but we were just fine staying at the resort. We spent our first two days in a beach cabana. I highly recommend the water hammocks. We also spent an afternoon snorkeling- marveling at the beautiful reefs and colorful fish. Our 3rd day was rainy so we took advantage of the spa and got a chocolate body scrub and wrap and massage- which was so luxuriously perfect. The Ti Kaye Spa is top notch- don't miss out!

All of the food was excellent. Our compliments to the chef. The daily breakfast buffet was great, but you can also order eggs and a hot menu a la carte if you want. I had eggs and bacon one morning just to mix it up. Lunches at the beach bar were all excellent. My favorite dish was the local fish sandwich and I also loved the sweet potato fries. I wanted to try the seafood pizza but maybe next time. The dinners were all fantastic as well. The pepper pot beef, conch fritters, and the local fish of the day were some of my personal favorites. We were lucky to be there for the resort's weekly "Manager's Happy Hour" followed by the chef's Creole Tasting Menu which was divine. We also tried 21 year aged rum and cuban cigars one night which was a perfect combo end to an evening.

Ti Kaye is very much a couples resort, but you can go with a small group of friends too. We were there to celebrate our honeymoon and we were most certainly not the only ones. At the happy hour, we met nice couples from South Jersey, Pittsburg, and Oklahoma. There were a few other nice looking folks we didn't get a change to meet, but I wish them well and hope they have a lifetime of happiness. Ti Kaye is also a very gay friendly resort and we were not the only gay couple visiting.

Our last day left me a little mopey because I did not want to leave. The hotel had availability but the airline did not, otherwise, we'd have extended our stay. One of the couples we met said this was their second time to the resort and I, like them, plan to return. I loved this trip, more than any other destination I have visited. It you really want to "get away" this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We got a standard cottage but next time I might want to try a room with a private pool.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KingWilliam2nd

Hi there KingWilliam2nd :-)

Thank you very much for you very detailed review, and great photos - especially as we are your very first review!

I can't comment on your review really as, well ... there is just so much of it! It's fantastic that future potential guests will be able to vividly read through it in the eyes of a previous guest though.

You have described everything about Ti Kaye perfectly. Next time you feel a little 'mopey', we'll be delighted to see you both here again...

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Ti Kaye is a beautiful remote resort. We arrived via boat and stayed on the resort for three nights. We spent 2 nights in a beautiful sea view room, and upgraded to a secluded plunge pool cottage for the last night. You are virtually sitting on the edge of the glorious Caribbean Sea within a rain forest. No tv, limited wi-fi, lots of nature and clean fresh air. If you love your partner you will love this romantic hide-away. The huge outdoor/private showers were heavenly. We had to figure out where things were on our own, but we enjoyed the autonomy. This is not your all inclusive, all engaging, tourist trap, it's a nature paradise for adults that don't mind a walk, or a 160 step hike down to the beach. The beach was calm with lots of areas to explore. We had great drinks on the beach and got some mangoes too. Both straight and gay couples were enjoying this hideaway. The only thing we found is that the menu remained the same and food was a bit pricey ($100US for dinner for 2). Bring some fruit, crackers, and a bottle of wine, and relax and enjoy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear R J,

What an amazing subject title, one that fits us very well.

As you said we are a romantic place to unplug, unwind and relax.

Apologies for having to "figure out where things were on our own". When you arrive a Bellman should show to your room and give you a room briefing. The following morning after breakfast at 10.15am (we do it the following day as we find guests are very tired after flying) we do a Resort Briefing in the main bar. I'll pass your feedback onto the team...

Maybe next time you can stay in the private plunge pool room for the duration of your stay? With regards to the 166 steps down to the beach - we like to think of ourselves as a built in fitness resort ;-)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We simply loved Ti Kaye! We were here for the second 1/2 of our trip to St. Lucia on our honeymoon. We arrived by water taxi to their private dock. Greeted to arrival drinks and took in the view of the amazing Anse Cochon (the beach/cove). We were taken to check in via shuttle from the beach to the lobby (steep hill). We were shown to our room by Fred (he was awesome). Amazing cottage on the hill with private pool and the best view in my opinion (room G), as it was uninterrupted by our cottages and got to see the entire cove. Warm rooms but they do have AC that works decently well. The outdoor shower is incredible and the soaps/shampoo they make on site are better than any cosmetic I've ever used. The private plunge pool is perfect temperature. We spent our days relaxing - starting with the complimentary continental breakfast which was DELICIOUS and had a huge variety of options. We then went to the beach where we laid out, snorkeled in the BEST water in the Caribbean, seriously it's incredible. 50 feet down with perfect clarity, millions of fish and coral. It's no surprise that all of the other resorts bring their guests here to snorkel. We'd eat and drink in our own cabana on the beach and were attended to wonderfully by Kevin and Samulus. At the dive shop we'd check out paddleboards, kayaks and snorkels and spend the day taking in the amazing water. At night we'd eat at the fabulous restaurant. Chef Nigel knows what he's doing! The food was amazing, every night. The sommelier, Keygan, recommended the best wines to pair with our meals. Kaylee (I think she was the manager), would check in on us at our table each night and answer any questions. All in all, this resort is relaxing, classy, beautiful. Sits on the best water in the Caribbean for snorkeling and swimming. We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Get the cottage with private plunge pool, the view alone is worth it
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justin L
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hello Justin & Haley,

Thank you for you kind review. I always say that we do 'r&r' very well (romance & relaxation in our case) so are perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries, Birthday's, special occasions ... actually - anything :-).

Thanks for the staff shout-outs for Fred, Keygan and Kaylee, and 'yes', she is our Kai Manje restaurant Manager. We are confused about 'Nigel' though? Sarah and I were on vacation ourselves whilst you were here but I don't think they secretly employed a 'Nigel' :-). We have Executive Chef Denis and Head Chef Asha, as well as the whole kitchen team behind them of course who all do a fantastic job.

Delighted to read that you had a lovely honeymoon and the team took great care of you both - and that you enjoyed our amazing snorkeling and Saint Lucian made soaps and shampoos.

We look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

St Lucia is fabulous. We climbed Gros Piton, had a mud bath, walked plantations and rainforest, visited Soufriere, Castries, Pigeon Island and revelled in the setting of Ti Kaye with its heavenly beach and stunning views. Our cottage, Lanmou, had a wonderful view, cooling plunge pool and lovely outdoor shower. We didn't want to leave. The beach was an easy walk down and up the well maintained steps. Swimming, snorkelling and kayaking were wonderful. Service on the beach, and resort in general, was friendly and nurturing. We had lots of fun and also rested in the most lovely of spots. Thankyou.

Room Tip: Lanmou was wonderful, but I'm sure they all are as the location is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
TiKayeGM, General Manager at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear nkightwombat - interesting name :-)

Seems like you did it all! Great to read that you experienced all Saint Lucia has to offer. It is a stunning country with lovely, friendly people.

Thank you for taking to time to pen and post your review - and for the photos.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Cochon
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
5.5 km away
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Anse Cochon

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!