A charming little hideaway in a secluded area of the island. This resort is a great spot for a quiet, peaceful getaway, ideal for honeymoons and romantic getaways. With only 33 cottages (not rooms, mind you), mainly adults-only, the mood and milieu was perfect. The cottages were fantastic with an outdoor shower, roomy porch with a hammock, and our room with a plunge pool. Nice! We even made the acquaintance of a number of friendly birds (a few of which actually were eating out of our hands - literally!). The bed had an enclosed netting to ward off the many mosquitoes present; and though kept spotlessly clean, the only downside to the cottages was the rather plentiful number of insects.
Dinners were terrific with a nice variety and everything was delicious (though the buffet-style breakfasts left a little to be desired). Service was outstanding - the staff was as friendly as you'll find anywhere. And there was ample opportunity to do some fun stuff such as snorkeling (best spot on the island is right on the Ti Kaye beach); diving; cruises; and some sightseeing tours. The beach was just ok - a little too rocky for our liking and far too many flies, but nice enough (once you descended a rather large set of steps). A quaint little beachside bar/restaurant offered a really good lunch and a happy hour. As for cocktails, go with the Ti Kaye staff creations - some really original drinks (a much better choice at this resort than the traditional Coladas and Daiquiris).
Value was good - our only complaint was that everything had a 10% service charge added. This if fine for dining/drinks, but we couldn't quite understand why it was also tacked on to room charges, and even to gift shop purchases. If they'd simply built all this into their listed costs, the price still would have been of good value.
Overall, a great spot - we had a terrific time and would visit again someday...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia