1,601 results
All reviews fish every night st lucia marigot bay botanical gardens rented a car ti kaye resort rainy season public beach caribbean sea gros piton anse le raye pineapple plunge pool our honeymoon outdoor shower the cottages
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Just returned from Ti Kaye - a week of sheer tropical bliss ! It simply doesn't get any better than this for the perfect, intimate romantic warm weather get-away. My husband and I stayed a week in mid-March and Ti Kaye far exceeded our expectations in all ways - location, service, pampering, food etc. - and we're picky.
If you look at their website - it's just like that - maybe even better.

Ti Kaye has 30 very private guest cottages dotting a cliff overlooking the ocean. You have your very own veranda with a huge hammock, table and rocking chairs. The view from every cottage is spectacular. We were in Awa - and the view was awesome.

Your shower is actually a beautiful rock garden adjacent to your bathroom - and your bed is a king-sized 4-poster out of a romance novel. Major WOW factor.

With a new chef on-board - the food was excellent...and just getting better. AND a full buffet breakfast was included. To go off property for dinner can be expensive - given Ti Kaye's remote location. However - you must try the Rainforest Hideaway - and AVOID JJ's Paradise - both in Marigot Bay. For transportation you can choose from land, water and rental car options.

The beach is reached by lots of stairs - and that may be a problem for some folks. But that's fine because they have a golf cart shuttle.

The sand is silvery grey and can be very hot during the midday. Also - get your beach time in the morning - before the cruise ship catamarans dock there in the afternoon. The Beach Bar is a great option for lunch - and after lunch go to their small but lovely swimming pool to escape the day-trippers.

One of the best things about this resort is the crowd it attracts. During our stay, we met very hip young honeymooners, retirees, Europeans, Canadians and Americans - a great mix of people of all ages and backgrounds that had a fabulous time together!

AND yes - the road into Ti Kaye is long, bumpy and a bone-jarring event. But it's sooooooo worth it!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julieandkeith
Reviewed 16 March 2008

Ti Kaye was absolutely gorgeous. They paid attention to every detail! The staff was beyond friendly, they even took the time to learn our names. By the end of the trip I was being called mista Mark. The beach was wonderful. The only two downsides were occasionally a lot of boats parked out in front, but that was only between 12-3 (ish). There was also a local vendor who sets up shop at the beach and sells the same souveniers one can buy MUCH cheaper in castries. Not to mention he was pushey and would interrupet. The snorkeling was FANTASTIC along the coast line. I saw multiple different species of parrot fish, trumpetfish, angel fish, I saw squid, a barracuda 2 different types of eels and even a sea turtle! The food at Ti Kaye was great. I had fresh fish every day (tuna, kingfish, mahi mahi and red snapper). My girflriend ordered a prime rib and she loved it. I had a bite and thought it was good, but I was all about the fish and was never let down. Breakfasts were wonderful every morning serving fresh local fruits an array of fruit juices (try the golden apple juice, nothing like apple juice up here in boston).

PLEASE NOTE! upon your arrival, if you are arriving at night, you will go down a VERY bumpy, steep, windey, hilly road. It may feel like you're going off course, however that is where Ti Kaye is. Once you get to the resort it is BEAUTIFUL. Every night we slept we could hear the ocean and crickets. Ti Kaye has a security team roaming all night.
The pool is pretty, but nothing to write home about, but who needs the pool when you've got the ocean so close.

The land and sea tour is a "must do" which can be arranged through the hotel. The waterful is beautiful, the botanical gardens are remarkable and the volcano, smells bad, but is interested none-the less. We also got to know some more people at the resort that day and had some laughs.
We took a day trip up to Rodney Bay...which is nice and more kid friendly, but it wasn't my taste. All of the resorts are on top of each other. Tons of boats and jet ski's motoring close by. It is a little louder and "touristy".

To summaraize: Ti Kaye's staff is absolutely top notch! The views and landscaping are gorgeous and the food was wonderful. If you are looking for a romantic get away, then Ti Kaye is a perfect place!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markch33
Reviewed 10 March 2008

St. Lucia: Tikaye Village Resort - St. Lucia, WI: "Absolutely magnificent!"

Date: March 9, 2008

Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Vancouver, BC, Canada

We have just returned from a week at Tikaye Village Resort in the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. The village resort is magnificent and we have experienced such incredible service. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the resort to visit other points of interest like Castries, the capital, which was so hot and busy, we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the resort.

We stayed in an ocean view bungalow with a breath taking panoram. Breakfast was a fabulous continental spread with cheeses, fresh fruit, fresh home made juice, pastries, and warm savory selections. The restaurants are great. Meals are gourmet, the service is magnificent, and all well priced.

The pool is nice, more a spa size rather than an olympic size.

The service is out of this world. We went there to get married and did not have to worry about one single detail as the resort's personnel dealt with every single possible item, from legalities to what type of bouquet the bride wanted for her special day. As for me, my wife treated me to a professional massage therapist right on the deck of our bungalow the morning of our wedding. Later on, my wife had a hair stylist and manicurist come to our bungalow to prepare her for the ceremony, not to mention the wedding coordinator for the resort came by to help the bride get into her wedding gown. Our wedding day was magical.

The staff was very warm and friendly, which made us feel very comfortable, like being at home. They knew us by name and always greeted us with a smile.

Overall, I recommend this resort to anyone looking for a quiet romantic get away, although families are very much welcome.

This review is the opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Viajera70yvr
Reviewed 10 March 2008

We just spent a week at TiKaye with another couple. In general the resort and entire experience was wonderful. We arrived at the southern airport and booked our transfers through Monrose at monrosetaxi.com. We chose Monrose becase he was considerably cheaper than the resort and we had a private van all for the 4 of us. He stopped at 2 different locations with beautiful views and we had a beer at each. He also gave us a ride to Marigot Bay and is very professional and friendly. We highly recommend him. Upon arrival we where greeted by George and escorted to our rooms. We each booked an ocean front cottage with plunge pool and where in rooms G and H. These ocean front rooms are increadible. We slept with the french doors and windows open every night and could hear the ocean sounds which where wonderful. The porch provides an awesome view of the ocean and the hammock and plunge pool are also nice. The outdoor shower is wonderful. We were anxious about this first but the shower was very nice. The meals where very good and the restaraunt was also nice. The entirfe staff was very friendly and made every effort to greet you and remember your name. It was amazing how the staff new your name. The stairs to the beach are not a big deal at all. We where concerned about this also but they are an easy climb. The beach is awesome and the snorkelling along the shores of anse cochone is very good. Many fish, coral, and turtles as well out near the point. You can also kayak out tot he Leesem M Wreck and snorkel it as well. The beach service is excellent with chairs, tables, umbrellas and wonderful personal service for drinks or lunch. Terry and George will take wonderful care of you. We chose this resort due to their near location to many of the dive sites and an onsite dive shop, Island Divers. We dove 10 dives and had a wonderful experience. Judy our Dive Master was very fun, and a great guide underwater doing everything she could to help us pick the correct sites for the things we wanted to see. We saw everything from large turtles, lobsters, crab, many eels, tons of corral creatures and even sea horse. Chris the dive boat captain is also very accomodating and professional. The lunch at the resort near the water is also very nice. This resort has a special party with live music on Wednesday night with dancing. There was also live mucis when we arrived on Saturday. We would highly recommend this resort for couples wanting a very relaxed atmospere with great service and a great dive shop, Island Divers. Feel free to email me with more questions. patjessclem@yahoo.com

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank cosmoclem
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Thanks to all you TA posters -- you guys always help me out, and many of you asked me to write a review when I got back, so here it is.... (sorry its a tad behind, but work is a madhouse)

We arrived at TKV on 2/23/08. We met Carrie and Sam (HI!!) in the Charlotte airport, so we all arrived together. Our driver was waiting at the airport, and Carrie, Sam, Mike, Jessica and me and my hubby all went together in the van. There were several vanloads heading to TKV from our flight....and so...when we finally arrived at TKV(yes, it really takes over an hour), we were all offered a complimentary non-alcoholic drink at the bar. And then we sat...and sat...and waited....and sat...and while we were waiting to be 'checked in' we were asked to make our dinner reservations for the night. We originally told them 7pm (that was at 6pm) Well, when 645 rolled around, and we still were not given our room key, we had to change that to 730......and when 715 came and we still were waiting, we changed it to 8pm. Around 730 we finally got to our room.
The cottages are indeed lovely, and exactly as pictured. We were in H -- oceanfront with plunge pool. Flowers on the bed, in the bathroom, welcome note, all were perfect. Our only issues with the room was that the pool light was broken (despite two requests to get it fixed, no one ever did) and the shower head was due to be replaced or cleaned -- it sprayed all over the place, making it difficult to get the shampoo out of my hair.

But back to our check in.....So we quickly changed and went to dinner, arriving right at 8pm. Dinner special was lobster (my favorite) so I ordered that. I can't recall what Mike (hubby) ordered. At any rate, I finally received my lobster at 920pm. No, I am not kidding. Keep in mind, I had been up since 330AM to catch our early AM flights....I was fading quite fast and was moments away from getting up from the table and going to bed hungry (or just sleeping right there in the dining room). My initial impression of it all was "OMG we are going to be THAT couple -- the ones who get ignored all week!" and my husband was wondering if I had lost my mind booking us in this place that had quite literally forgotten about us twice during our first 4 hours. (Dinner, once it was served, was excellent; of course, they could have served me crap on a shingle and I likely would have felt the same way since I was famished by the time it arrived)

We went to bed and prayed that the next day would be better. Jesus loves me, yes he does. The next day, service improved dramatically. It was weird, like they must have had the slow staff working on Saturday night or something. Not sure why, but it did get better. We spent the day on the beach - enjoyed the beach bar at lunch, the portions are huge BTW and we shared one entree and got a couple of the appetizers. The snorkeling is quite good, there were lots of people on the right part of the cove, so we decided to go left. We saw a huge spotted eagle ray, and lots of fish, etc. Later we went to the right side (in between the massive catamaran tours) and saw a turtle, some sea slugs, and lots of fish. Lots of bright yellow sponges too... their sea fans were in tact (surprised me, I would have thought the hurricane would have shredded them). Then the hike UP those stairs...and then DOWN the very steep hill to cottage H.

After a wonderful day on the beach, we had dinner at the main house, and to make up for the snafu the night before, we got one of their 'primo' tables out on the deck portion. I ordered the filet and an appetizer and we had Cleus recommend wines for each course. Food was wonderful. Wines were quite reasonably priced and there was a good selection. Compliments to chef -- bravo!

Monday, we went on the Land & Sea tour to Soufriere. I liked the tour -- gave you a taste of what the other parts of the island look like, and got to go past some of the other resorts that we considered before we decided upon Ti Kaye. I recommend the tour -- the guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We had our couples massage this afternoon also -- which was excellent. I highly recommend having the massage early in the week -- if we had waited, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed having my sunburn massaged!! We had dinner back at Ti Kaye, again, wonderful food, and I discovered their chocolate pudding dessert, which is to die for.

Tuesday, spent the day on the beach again. We kayaked to the left, went down a couple of coves and found some very empty private beaches. We had lunch at the beach bar and discovered the "local chips" on the lunch menu -- you must try them. I admit, I was skeptical, but Mike wanted them so I tried his. YUM!!! i crave them now. We did the sunset cruise -- the captain did a wonderful job and found us lots of dolphins playing and eating in the sunset. It was very entertaining to watch them jump and roll and do their acrobatics. Dinner at TK again, this time, it was our 'romantic dinner' night, and due to an overbooking mistake, we got to eat dinner in the gazebo right on the water near the dock. It was very quiet and lovely, very romantic. Again, the food was wonderful -- my appetizer was the ravioli stuffed with goat cheese. OMG! It was sooooo good!!!

Wednesday, we splurged and did the Grenadines day tour. I highly recommend it. I guess I need to blog that somewhere else, but if you can afford it, do it. You won't regret it. Next winter, I'm looking for a trip to the Grenadines! On our way back to TK, our guide, John, showed us around Rodney Bay, and we stopped at "Pork Valley" and got some excellent bar b q pork that had probably been oinking a few hours earlier. YUM! and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than the $50 buffet at TKV. So we ate in our cottage on Wednesday night. We were so tired from the days activities anyway.

Thursday and Friday we tried to book a snorkeling tour through the dive center there, but they were having boat problems and we ended up not going. That was ok, we spent both days lounging on the beach and snorkeling or enjoying our plunge pool. Terry, the beach dude, took excellent care of us the entire week. We had lunch at the beach bar and had more of those chips!! For dinner on Thursday, we booked a water taxi to the Rainforest Hideaway. It was very good. It was different from eating at TKV -- but I have to say, I thought it was rather pricey. Not sure if it was worth it or not, but it is an experience, and it was easier to get to (and cheaper as well) than booking a land taxi to Ladera.

Friday night was the Fish Fry. If I go back to TK, I would definitely skip this. George was fabulous, and very helpful -- he is the group escort for the TK guests. and I guess there were some people that had a really terrific time -- however, I did not think the food was all that wonderful, nor did I think it was all that cheap either for what you got. I ended up eating mostly johnny cake because the shrimp I got was neither plentiful nor good (and it wasn't cheap either -- $10US for 10 medium shrimp that I swear was freezer burned). Mikes fish was somewhat better, but I'm not a fan of Kingfish. Lobsters were ridiculous expensive! $40US!!! And that does NOT include any side dishes. (by comparison, my lobster dinner at TKV was only $35US with sides) Beer was really cheap. you could get absolutely loaded on $10. (I could get loaded on $5) Overall, I was disappointed in the Fish fry, as was Mike, who was really looking forward to it. We could not wait for the taxi to take us back. You can breeze through that place in an hour with time to spare-- but you stay for 2 or 3.

Saturday, the sad day, the end of paradise....we spent the morning on the beach, and then had lunch upstairs at the main house and then we left around 1pm.

I didn't mention the breakfast much, did I? Well, it was the buffet, but they had menus "only if you want an omelette" was what I was told. However, I did see Carrie having the St Lucian breakfast one morning....so I guess if you ASK REALLY REALLY NICE, they will give you something else off the breakfast menu -- and usually, they don't even give you the menu unless you ask. I thought the ham was wonderful -- very tender, very well prepared with peppers, I loved it. I also adored the pancakes. Someone here on TA complained about the pancakes -- they are not "light" they are rather more substantive, (I thought maybe made with a different type of flour?) and they put nutmeg in the batter -- WONDERFUL. And one morning, I remembered about the cocoa tea. So I asked for it. It takes a while for it to show up, but it was GOOD. Really GOOD. I then requested it every morning after that (much to the dismay of whatever server I had....). They had an 'eclectic' choice of music at breakfast -- one morning, they played Mariah Carey and the entire Duran Duran "Rio" album -- very loud. No, again, I kid you not. Several of us mentioned this to Katie, the manager. I told her, I don't go to the islands to listen to crap I can hear on the radio at home, I go there to hear the local music. Katie agreed. and from then on, the music was toned down, and appropriate for the setting. (although, one day at the beach bar they played the entire Eagles "Hotel California" album -- very loud. Makes you wonder if they have a frustrated ex-pat working in their kitchen?)

Which brings us to Katie. Now, I read some not so nice reviews of Katie here on TA. and I was really unsure about meeting her. But you know what? I really LIKED her. She is smart, she is spunky, and she is passionate about her work. Perhaps when those other people met her, she had just gotten there and was tired? Discombubulated? Suffering from the time zone changes? I dunno. Mike thinks she must have gone to charm school. Whatever. She was great. She spent a good 20 minutes showing me pictures from her prior resort in the Seychelles and gave me some web sites and places to check out. She told me about her plans and ideas for TKV. I like some, and some stuff I personally think she should leave alone, but hey, anytime I meet someone who is really into their work, I gotta give them credit. And besides -- when have you EVER met the manager of the resort you've stayed at in the past? the only other time I ever met the manager of the resort was in Nevis. So she's fine by me and gets my stamp of approval.

TKV gets my stamp of approval. The majority of the staff were wonderful. (some were just sullen) The resort itself is beautiful, I loved the cottage, loved the beach, loved the water. Loved the food, loved the wine.

Did not love: party catamarans. On Tuesday afternoon, there were SEVEN cats parked on the beach AT THE SAME TIME. It was worse than the parkway at rush hour. I dont' think there was an inch of water to swim in -- it was so crowded. On the flip side, the reason all the cats go to TKV is because it has the best beach on the island, so I guess that says something.
One day, the Brig Unicorn was parked in the water right by our cottage. Ugh. You just don't want to know what comes out of that boat. We did not snorkel there for a couple days afterwards....
also, the conch people on their kayaks. Annoying.

My tips:

1. Bring clothespins. Someone else suggested it, I poo pooed it, and wished I had a dozen of them during my stay. You need them to keep the mosquito nets closed, and to keep your wet bathing suits from flying or falling.

2. Get the oceanfront plunge pool. Our pool got midday sun and although it was not bath water, it was comfortable enough to spend a bit of time each day in it. I liked it. We skinny-dipped :-)

3. Try the chocolate pudding dessert, the local chips at lunch, and the cocoa tea at breakfast (no matter what face your server makes when you order it). Good stuff.

4. Get your massage early in the week.

5. Get your fruit basket your first night.

6. Do a couple of tours to break up the week, but don't do so many that you don't have time to relax and experience the beach fully.

7. If I go back, I'd like to spend more time with Cleus, and maybe do a private wine tasting.

8. Bring lots of $1 and $5 for tipping......I thought I had enough -- I recommend at least $50 for on the spot tips

9. If you burn easily, reapply sunscreen often, and ask Terry to set you up under the tree and farthest from the steps so the afternoon sun doesn't get you.

10. Take the kayaks out with your snorkel gear to snorkel the far reefs to the left.

E-mail me if you have any specific questions -- I'll be happy to respond! Overall, I give it a thumbs up, and am very glad we chose to stay at TKV.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple