We only came here for lunch, but I can't seem to find where to post for the restaurants/beach here... though our comments may help people thinking of staying here.
Red flag day so no swimming in the sea if you drove here & what a twisty tortuous journey it is - I imagine once you're here, you don't get back in the car much to go out & adventure.
The beach is smaller than we expected, but looked cute & a few boats out in the bay must have been there for the snorkelling.
Having gone through security check to get in I was really surprised to be "welcomed" by a beach vendor the second we got out of the car, which immediately felt we couldn't just chill un-interupted. we had intended to have lunch & stay, but we decided to only eat.
the beach bar looks cute, but suffered from what so many places on this island do - the tourist only lunch, serving generic expensive food.
I got a seafood salad, which was generous in size, but made with frozen seafood. My husband alas ordered the calamari, which was the chewiest we have ever eaten - so no way of telling if it was fresh before it got cooked to death !
when we left we were both very glad that we weren't staying at this resort, though I am sure it is fine for execs who have just come to escape the rat race & pay to be in a pretty spot & not move.
I know the beaches are all public in St Lucia, although this feels like a private one were it not for the beach vendors here - the resort must know this will put their guest off using the beach !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia