All reviews the main square one night stayed here luxury town
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Our bike group was booked here but were bumped to a "sister" hotel across the road.
Room was ok although others thought there's were tiny.
Room overlooked the road and town square so was noisy and very hot. Sleep was hard to come by.

Breakfast was pretty basic, wifi was ok.

Not recommended

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

So stayed here one night whilst on biking trip. The staff are amazing, the owner a real wonderful man. They couldn't do enough to make us welcome. From a coffee to offering to park the bikes in there garage. Everything from the outset. We arrived 6 hours before the due checkin, that wasn't a problem, we dropped our luggage and went out.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was lovely. The service was fast and again I asked for some extras and next minute they were there.

Rooms are a little tired but all you do in them is sleep and that we did so all good.

Sometimes I think people expect 5 star luxury but want to pay nothing. This is one of the best 2 star hotels I have stayed in and the staff make the place really special. In fact it's better than most 3 stars too.

The town is also really lovely and the location is right in the main square. Perfect stay thank you so much.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We stopped here randomly on a long road trip, not knowing anything about Castellane at all. We found a room, which was good for the price we paid, clean and comfortable with a stunning view over the mountains surrounding the village. We had some issues with the reception staff where I believe they charged us for the garage when we did not actually use it (but got lost in translation, my french is not perfect). Restaurant was closed when we visited but did not matter, as the village has plenty of option. Nice place, good value for money and dog friendly.

Room Tip: At the back with a view to the mountains
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2015

This hotel really has had its day,the carpets are filthy rooms badly needing facelift,lift not working,shower hand held and grubby,the bed felt damp,lumpy and uncomfortable. The receptionist was very pleasant but overall the hotel was not good.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Arrived to this lovely City after a long day on my bike, and found this charming hotel right on the City square. It has a big outdoor restaurant in front of the hotel. The hallways could do with a update, but everything were clean. The room were good and had a really nice bathroom with a bathtop. All this for just 60 € with breakfast is one of the best deals I found on my way through France.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo