All reviewsdordogne regionronfrancevillagewifigarden
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Home Sweet Home for four nights whilst attending a wedding nearby. The rooms are great with very comfy beds and really close to the little town with shops and restaurants. The b&b was perfect but what makes this place stand are its hosts. The reviews have said it before - Ron and Sylvia are fantastic. Ron emailed me a few days before we arrived with travel advice and collected us from the station. He ferried is around whilst we were there and gave us advice and directions. Sylvia even bandaged up my brother in laws foot after cutting it at the wedding. Even the little touches like a cold beer whilst we were sitting in the lovely sunny garden were appreciated. Thank you Ron and Sylvia for looking after us so well, we couldn't have asked for more and I have no hesitation in recommending your lovely b&b.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Ron C, Owner at Home Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Thanks so much Kirsten , sorry about the delay in responding but things have been moving apace since the season ended.

Sylvia & I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and Good Wishes for the New Year.

Ron & Sylvia

Reviewed 5 November 2014

The cleanest, brightest B&B for miles. A spotless welcoming room, super-clean, modern bathroom. Great breakfasts & Ron & Sylvie make you feel right at home. Excellent value too. They will tell you the best places to see and how to get there, better than the tourist office!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glenallsopp
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Stayed at Ron & Sylvia's extended home in July (apologies for the delay writing this ) I say extended home 'cause that's howRon & Sylivia made you feel. 10 brummies to accomodate for a week stay when we
attended a wedding at the Chateau La Durantie, you might have thought it was a daunting prospect but nothing was too much trouble for Ron & Sylivia, every whim was catered for and nothing was too much trouble. Just to highlight some of the services they provided, Ron sorted out our transfer to and from the airport, collected my son and his partner from the airport when we couldn't get a taxi confirmed, taxied passengers to the reception on the evening of the wedding, advised us where to eat in the village, provided clean linen and towels on request, prepared and served delicious hearty breakfasts and hosted welcome refreshments on our arrival. To say they were the perfect hosts does not even come close. All I can do is endorse this accomodation and their hosting skills to the highest. If you are ever in the Dordogne area of France and want a slice of heaven then visit Ron & Sylivia they will not let you down. Thanks Ron & Sylivia you are one of the most friendly, accomodating couples we have ever encountered, and staying at 'Home Sweet Home' contributed to one of the best and most memerorable weeks of our lives. Lesley, Alan & the other 8 brummies !!!

Room Tip: All the rooms wer good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley5339
Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay at this wonderful b&b - I was made very welcome by Ron and Sylvia. The accommodation was of a very high standard as well as being good value for money. I look forward to my next trip to Excideuil in the very near future, obviously staying at Home Sweet Home. Thank guys.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Ron C, Owner at Home Sweet Home, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

We have been so lucky with our guests this year and it's good to see the hard work, that Sylvia puts in,pay off with reviews like this .Just as well I'm not doing it on my own,I'm pretty sure the reviews would not be so positive.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We returned home a couple of weeks ago following an amazing week in the Dordogne area of France. We were there for a wedding at Chateau La Durantie. Ten of us stayed at this fantastic B & B and had an amazing time. Ron and Sylvia were perfect hosts and went out of their way to make our stay such a pleasurable one. We would definately recommend this lovely B & B and hope to go back there soon. Thanks to you both for putting up with us all and making our stay so perfect. Jeannie, Tommy and friends

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Once again, it was a pleasure to have you all here Jeannie,thanks so much for the review.

I don't think potential customers realise how important these reviews are to us and how appreciative we are of them.Hopefully we shall meet again and have time to enjoy the area without distractions.