“Locked out at night and stolen cash & jelwery”

La Choza de don Wilson
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Papallacta
La Choza de don Wilson
Ranked #2 of 2 Papallacta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Making reservations via phone from Quito was easy. I checked in early afternoon and was given key to room. I went to Termas de Papallacta for few hours of soaking in fabulous hot springs and spa treatment. Returned to CHoza de Don Wilson at 8pm and the place was totally dark and all locked down. Ringing the door bell and shouting brought no response. I walked around the complex with high wire fence and a barking German Shepard dog. I decided to climb a fence in the back but finally spotted an opening where I could walk in down dark stairs to my room. The light was left on my room. However, checking for my belongings, my gold ring was taken from my luggage and about $200 cash. Avoid this terrible place with no consideration for guests!!

Room Tip: Avoid! Dishonest staff.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We had eaten here once before with pretty good food. This time, my wife and I shared our food (beef and chicken) and got very, very classically sick! We had vomiting and diarrhea within a couple of hours of eating. It really ruined our trip.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

After reading previous reviews, was looking forward to the local trout, whilst the trout (with garlic) was only €6 & was nice, but nothing to write home about, the restaurant was very cold, we had to keep our jackets on as did the other table, only part of the lights turned on, 2 ladies on the sofa watching the t.v who also seemed to work there (almost as if it was their lounge), overall a disappointing experience where we felt more of a hindrance & I wished I hadn't bothered making the effort to come down from the Thermas up the road.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2016

Probably the best cooked food we have had since being in Ecuador for a week.
Simply cooked but great quality. Very quaint atmosphere with excellent service (low season when we were there). The owner Don Wilson meaning Señor Wilson was delightful and brought us an aperitif that had anise but otherwise was 100 proof alcohol.
All our meals were good though the chicken soup (both the broth and the soup) were excellent..very tasty. The Trucha al ajillo was also very good and much better than the trout at the Temas Pappallacta just up the road as well as at least half the price. Hijos con quest (figs with cheese) were our choice of dessert and we were not disapointed. All in all a delightful experience.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Lunch stop on our trip, place was clean, well service and the food was really good too. The plates size are big, products fresh from the area. Has WiFi so you can check you cyber world with no problem.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Papallacta
Hotel Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita
Termas de Papallacta
Termas de Papallacta
#1 of 1 in Papallacta
No photo provided
Sachacayu Termas
#3 of 3 in Papallacta

Been to La Choza de don Wilson? Share your experiences!