All reviews the river four poster bed riverside location fish and chips my wifes lovely hotel large bathroom function room stand up shower lovely riverside sea bass home town watch the boats specials board kippers sit outside car park
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend booked the best suite in the hotel for my birthday, the honeymoon suite, back in April/May time so I had been looking forward to coming for some time, it promised so much, an amazing room, stunning views over the river, delightful food in the restaurant....unfortunately we never got to experience any of this. We arrived at the hotel on Wednesday 29th August at 2pm, the receptionist greeted us took our names and looked for our booking, then looked through the listing again, then with a cowardly look said "are you sure it's today?" "yes" "are you sure you're in the right hotel?" "yes, we know what hotel we've booked".......as you can probably guess.....they'd double booked our room, and said they had no knowledge of us booking, even though my girlfriend then showed the confirmation number she had been given on her phone, it got worse, they were fully booked that night so couldn't even offer a lesser room, although they did suggest we try round the corner as the local wetherspoons had rooms......A WETHERSPOONS DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE STANDARDS WE WERE EXPECTING!!!! This was probably the most insulting part. As it was now about half past 2 and it was obvious that they couldn't help us in any way due to their inept booking system we were left with no choice but to book a room in Norwich as we were going there on the Thursday, we phoned the MAIDS HEAD Hotel in Norwich, where we have stayed before and lucky for us they had a room free, which we booked there and then, I would advise anyone looking to stay in this area of Norfolk to go to the MAIDS HEAD rather than this establishment. Still no sign of a manager at the front desk with us, just the receptionist, she asked if there was anything else, my girlfriend, who was quite upset by now as this was meant to be a special day/night which had been ruined needed to sit down and when we asked for a drink, the receptionist replied "it's the least we can do".....i didn't think too much about those words until later.....that is literally all you did do, THE LEAST!!!! 2 free drinks, no follow up call to apologise from management, nothing, my girlfriend emailed you on the Sunday, it is now the following Thursday and we still have heard nothing from you, which has lead me to write the review, even if you'd of responded to her email I might not of written this but the total lack of any sort of customer care has left me no option. I have no desire to revisit this hotel ever again and the the 45 minutes I spent in your reception will go down as 45 minutes of my life utterly wasted, dreadful!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Marc R
Reviewed 6 September 2018

A beautiful hotel in a romantic setting. I am long overdue in writing this review, because we have used the hotel on numerous occasions, for family parties in the Staithe Suite, for weekends away and for meals. We even had our wedding reception there over 40 years ago.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have the best view because they look over the river across the fields
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

WE found this hotel very friendly and inviting hotel.
The bedroom and on-suite bathroom was very large but needed to be with a king size four poster bed in the middle of the room. It had a lovely view overlooking the river.

Room Tip: The four poster bedroom
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Outstanding Hotel, set in beautiful surroundings on the river. The service was second to none, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff,who were attentative and always smiling. Food and service in the restaurant was excellent, breakfast was delightful with good menu. Room 4 was very comfortable with a very large bathroom,tea making facilities which were appreciated, and it was quiet. Would definitely return and would recommend . A special mention to Daniel , who went out of his way to make us feel welcome.

Room Tip: you can ask for river views when booking
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a celebration lunch for 30 people in the Staithe Suite for my mum’s 80th birthday. Agreed all the arrangements painlessly beforehand and, on the day, everything ran like clockwork. The room looked lovely and we had our own private outside space to enjoy pre-lunch drinks. The two course meal was spot on. Food was hot, delicious and there were plenty of extra vegetables and sauces for anyone who wanted them. The waiting staff did a fantastic job discreetly in the background and nothing was too much trouble. Being looked after with tea and biscuits while I decorated the room was also a nice touch. Thank you Charlotte (who was there throughout to make sure everything ran smoothly) and the team for making mum’s day a special one. Everyone had a great time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family