“Excellent meal in Beccles”
Review of Wine Vaults

Wine Vaults
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Beccles
Price range: USD 7 - USD 33
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO THE BECCLES WINES VAULTS Beccles's friendliest Bar & Restaurant warmly invites you to eat, drink and relax in spectacular settings.Situated in the heart of Beccles, the restaurant covers three floors - down the remarkable cellars, ground floor bar and the first floor. The cellar can handsomely cater for private parties and functions.If you do not have the time to experience our great restaurant food then we offer a bar snack menu that can be eaten in the bar or the restaurant.Our traditional bar with its roaring log fire in the winter, deftly juggles drinking and dining with a couple of real ales, premium lagers such as Peroni, Kozel and Becks Vier, as well as Guinness and Aspall Suffolk cyder
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband, myself and my cousins had a lovely experience last night at the Wine Vaults. We walked off the street and were given a table in the upstairs of the restaurant. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The food was really good and we all had a lovely evening. The atmosphere was relaxing and we were not hurried to have our meal. A wonderful place to eat. Would most definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing menu for vegetarians with very few options. The cheese and tomato sandwich was extremely dry and tasteless - in fact inedible. The venue is lovely but it is very cold. Toilet facilities are upstairs so not a wheelchair friendly place.

1  Thank Rae D
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Buzzy pub restaurant - good place. Food good, reasonably priced wine, friendly service.
Wsh toilets were nicer. You can never plan for a really noisy table when you are in a small eating place so we left earlier and had less courses and drinks but I am sure the business made more profit from the noisy table.

1  Thank DeeDeeWorcestershire
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Came on a fairly quiet day beginning of march on a short day trip to suffolk.Had a pick of tables which is nice. Our lunch was steak and the cooked chips in skin were delicious.
Service was slower than usual but understand this as cooked fresh to order.
however,when i passed bar staff jodie was stood chatting to other staff about personal lives leaning over bar which was a "too much information" eeeek yuk moment. I was ignored for what felt an awkward few minutes, i was stood alone and they saw me but carried on chatting so i didnt order another round of drinks and hurried back to table to our empty plates which werent cleared away.
Deserts werent offered sadly.Maybe just an off day for them but need to pay attention to pleasant customers.

5  Thank postmanpat1234
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I have been treated by my daughters to a wonderful Sunday lunch. I have been in Wine Vaults a few times and every time have had a great meal. The main menu looked lovely, but decided to have roast pork which was cooked to perfection. My daughters had fish, sea bass and smoked haddock and they both really enjoyed it. The service was excellent, the gentleman behind the bar was very helpful and the ladies that served us were fantastic. It was extremely busy but nothing was a trouble. The place was packed with regulars and everyone new each other but we felt very welcome. Just love this place. I wish I lived in Beccles.