“Lovely cottage, amazing views”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

MammyOf4b...
J
“Lovely cottage, amazing views”
Reviewed 23 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Booked this for a family get-together thus April. My sister booked an adjacent one.
All in all I would say it's one of the better holiday homes we have stayed in. The location is remote so you do need a car as the nearest shop is 2km away.
The cottages are at the foot of Slievemore mountain. The views from the cottages are breathtaking.
The cottage has a large open plan living area, three bedrooms, one shower room and two additional bathrooms. There is also an upstairs mezzanine-type level which some owners have put beds in. In ours it contained a settee only. My son used it as a reading area but in the cottage my sister rented there was another double bed which to me made better use of the space.
The kitchen was one of the best-equipped I have ever used in a holiday home. The only thing I would add that wasn't there was a filter coffee machine. There was a small cafetiere. There was nothing to make coffee in the house my sister rented.
There is a washer and dryer in a utility area which is very handy when travelling with kids.
There is a restaurant and adventure centre Pure Magic just up the road which we walked to for a meal one evening. All other restaurants are a bit of a drive away. We bought essentials in the Costcutter shop in Keel. For a big shop, you need to go to Supervalu in Achill Sound which is a 20 min drive away.
The only caution I would give is that electricity is not included in the price and our use of the water boiler and radiators racked up a bill of €90 for the week. Possibly less of a problem in summer than in winter.
All in all we had a wonderful time and were sorry to have to come home.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing