Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely clean small & friendly family run hotel..
Good value / all inclusive price & evening dinner very good with many options to choose ..
Lovely location & views adjacent (2 mins to beach / 5 min stroll to high st )
Great Bonus of sunset ...
If in sea view room !

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Let's start by being honest - if you are considering to stay in this hotel, it means that, like me, you want to have an experience in Greece, or by the sea, and for the moment you don't have much capital to invest in a better option (or you might be simply a cheapskate and don't want to spend much on a trip). Whichever is the case, I can guarantee you that you are going to get what you paid for from this hotel.

I am from a developing country (Brazil), which means my standards are fairly different from other people. I am satisfied with the average. In fact, if I can put up with a certain situation, I am not going to bother with it. However, my partner is Czech, thus has other standards, opinions and expectations. He was disappointed by the hotel.

Hotel - It is a simple hotel, there is no luxury. There are two swimming pools - one for adults and older kids (I'd say 7 year olds on) and one for younger kids. The pool is not very clean and not very big. Wifi works mainly in the reception. Maybe the reason it didn't work well in our room was because we were in the basement room.

Room - We stayed in a room in the basement. Initially we were placed in a room which window didn't open. Also, it smelled. I was ok with it, but my partner couldn't put up with it and decided to complain. The receptionist was extremely friendly and moved us to another room, still in the basement (I believe the change happened because of the availability, but let's give them some credit). Simple furniture, simple floor, so we had to keep our shoes on. The bathroom was small, and had a drain right in the middle - it looked quite disgusting, so we kept our shoes on also in the bathroom.

Staff - It was probably the most positive thing in the hotel - very friendly people. The morning receptionist was the nicest.

Food - We bought the all inclusive package. You have access to a lot of food, but usually the same menu every day. I'd say it was necessity food. If you're expecting Greek food, don't get your hopes up. One terrible thing, that I really hated, was the way the ice-cream was served. The man that served it touched the cone with his hand, not using any kind of paper tissue.

Location - It's very close to the beach. It is in a very secluded place. There aren't many people around, which for us was very positive, since we prefer more quiet places. The hotel is placed in the north part of the island. The north part has mostly pebble beaches, so take your shoes with you. The interesting thing is that the beach kind of changed everyday. If it's very windy, there will be more waves and the water will be more dirty. If there are fewer waves, the water will be clearer and more transparent. On the other side of the island there are many sandy beaches, but they are also very popular, thus there will be lots and lots of people.

So, if you are a resourceful person, go there. Just don't expect much.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pedro W
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Myself and my partner have just recently stayed here for one week (last week).

Despite the fact that we booked this all inclusive at a very cheap price the hotel itself and the food was below average - not even basic just simply poor.

We are lucky that we didn't have children or friends to entertain as there was no entertainment not even music.

The pool wasn't as clean as it should of been.

However, the worst was the food. We tend to use an all inclusive simply for drinks, breakfast and sometimes lunch. Being a young couple we enjoy eating at different restaurants and bars - our preference.

The disposal of food and the bin area was horrific. Bin bags were stacked high right behind the restaurant and fresh potatoes were left by the bin area overnight on the floor. Very off putting.

To sum it up we didn't eat or stay around the pool/hotel for our entire stay.

Very disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophie Elizabet... I
Reviewed 7 July 2017

No luxury, more common accommodation and hotel area.
Clean rooms, helpful and nice staff.
Beach outside the hotel area, beach pebble without equipment (no sunbeds, no beach umbrellas).
More common food, but a decent choice.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2016

we were deciding between this hotel and some other in Faliraki and we made a good decision to stay in that hotel... I read all reviews carefully and have to say they are most correct. before i start with pointing out all items have to say I went there with wife and two little kids (2years old and 9 months. We bought all inclusive option
1. Hotel itself - hotel is fine nothing special for 2 star clean, 2 pools one large and the other for kids, snack area, nice garden with area for kids..., very close to beach so you dont need to walk much and if you forget something you simply return to hotel ;) nothing special but as I said for hotel with 2 stars acceptable, mostly people from Czech and Slovakia so we didnt have chance to meet people from some other countries, We were lucky as next door we had lovely couple with kids similar age to ours
2.. Room - small room with old furniture, not really impressive and with rather small bathroom, enough for sleeping, they change sheets on daily basis, air con available however you have to pay 5 euros per day, we didnt use at all, this area is windy so we really didnt use that and air con is not healthy for children, if you decide to use the A/C as for experience from others choose 25 degrees not lower as air con is not accurate ... staff is nice always willing to help even its hard job, we were lucky as everybody loved our kids :) but in general all staff is lovely
3 Reception: a woman with glasses really lovely person will do everything for you, she speaks english and german so really easy to communicate with, WIFI is only in reception and work fine, there is one in pool area but it didnt work so well on my phone... but I have WP and this could be the reason...
4 Food and drink - there is no much choice, but food taste well... and I mean it as I am person who is very critical when it comes to food, We went there with two kids and one still breastfeed-ed we took our own food for her like baby food you buy everywhere... kitchen lady was so nice and warm up the food for baby every day, there is no fridge in a room but we store a milk for our son in a fridge they have behind the bar so all was good :)... We paid for all inclusive so we had everything included. breakfast start 8 till 10am, lunch a bit early for me from 12;30 till 2pm and dinner 7pm till 9pm, they provide some snack all day plus ice cream... (I didnt like the way they serve ice cream, vanilla and chocolate only and they put that in a box ... and by the time you put scoop of ice cream is melted right away, but try it taste ok)
you can have alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, beer and a strong one called Raki,( no other strong alcohol included) They also do some lemonades however they dont put much alcohol in that so I always asked for extra shot of that Raki :), the only down side of it is that they put all drink in 0,2 plastic cap which is not really nice and eco friendly.. (my tip is to take a tray and take like 6 cups with you) so you dont need to go back again and again... another thing is lack of bins in that area so most time you have to bring empty cups to kitchen...
During a day we had a waitress from Czech who serve us she was ok, evening shift were managed by married couple, a woman is from Russia and she is really nice person.... she didn smile much first 2 days but when you get knowing her better you realize how lovely she is.. so dont get so frustrated when she or he doesn't smille :) they do this job everyday almost whole year so obviously they got little bit bored,
5. Beach - we only tried local beach, I know is not well maintained and there are a lots of stones everywhere, dont forget your boots there are very handy, you go just few meters in the water and there is sand, so its cool.., positive about that area is that is windy and even its like 35 degrees you dont feel that much.. there are trees everywhere so you hide from sun, the sea is just lovely lots of waves and people who does water sports, they are few sunbeds around, ( my tip is to take two sunbeds and each time you leave the beach put something on it which shows is occupied so noone will use that :) we used that trick and during our stay we had that all the time for us...) they are nicer beaches around so if you dont like it go there but you will pay extra money for it....
6. Thologos - its little village, no many stores but there few so not so bad, I recommend very first when you turn right form the hotel, lovely staff and will help you to know the area better (they speak English) lady recommended me a gyros ... next door restaurant made the best one... another good restaurant is when you turn left from the hotel and you will find a hotel with minigolf... and there is a good one too... next tho that mini golf hotel is a bus stop which will take you to Rhodes... and we used that... it takes ages to go there but for short trip is ok and cheaper than renting a car.... company which was recommended by lady from store I mentioned is called hi-way and its 5 minutes walk from that grocery store... we didnt use that I was just curious and wanted to help you all who decide to go there :) ... there is no much to see there , my tip if you have time but no money to rent a car go to Rhodes by bus, and you can buy a bus ticket to other areas in Rhodos...like Kolimbia, faliraki, Lindos etc...
Overall I do recommend that hotel even its not that fancy ... but if you are too fancy and person complaining about everything rather avoid the hotel Asterias :)

Room tip: dont take downstairs room you will fell like you are in prison :) only floor or second floor rooms... the best are with seaside view
Date of stay: August 2016