“Great place to stay close to the town and by the river”
Review of Maison Donamaria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Maison Donamaria
Reviewed 10 July 2017

really nice place to stay, the bedrooms are decorated with a modern touch whereas the main room downstairs is older in style but really interesting. Jean Francois goes out of his way to make sure that your stay is enjoyable, nothing really is too much trouble and his breakfast is special! when we left he asked us what route we were taking. When i showed him he showed me how low the cloud was and advised us against the route that was in the clouds. thank you for the advice!

Stayed: June 2017

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jean-Francois and his amazing Maison Donamaria!!! Upon arrival I was very sick with bronchitis. I was very apprehensive about starting the Camino when I felt so poorly. Jean-Francois immediately picked up the phone, made an appointment with his personal doctor, then promptly put me in this car took me to the doctor, then to the pharmacist. Since I had been traveling for 4 months prior to the Camino, my feet needed some serious attention as well. The next day he made an appointment for me and took me to his podiatrist!!! He was my first "Camino Angel" and I will never forget his kindness and compassion. His home was lovely and clean and the breakfast was substantial and perfect for the first leg of our adventure. I will never forget Jean Francois and his amazing kindness. I highly, highly recommend staying at his lovely home!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely location next to a river and the Madison is perfectly maintained - very clean - good breakfast
BUT you will be subjected to the proprietors/owners moods and stress level and it could affect the exciting start to your Camino! He threw two rude tantrums at us because two American women that were staying there and were asking for too much assistance on the future bookings and they were exhausting him ( he said) the other two rude snippy tantrums aimed at us were because we wanted our compostela stamped and to pay our bill- in fact another French guest who understood his rude French quips apologized on his behalf. No optional accom in SJPdP so we were stuck there with this miserable man for two nights.
We were glad to get out of there and enjoyed our Camino despite mr rude misery

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This was the perfect place to stay the night before our Camino venture. The house is just a short walk along the river to the town center and just 2 streets from the start of the Camino. Jean Francois is a delightful host whose English made it very easy to reserve a room in his beautiful house. Our room was well-appointed with a large bathroom. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice stay here. Only 1 night but really homey. Our host met us at his home. He was very friendly. Gave us maps. Gave us suggestions for dinner. The rooms were spacious & clean. Breakfast was delicious & we got to visit with some of the pilgrims who were staring their trek on the Camino.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heiny-gianino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
0.5 km away
0.6 km away
Maison d'hotes Itzalpea
Maison d'hotes Itzalpea
#5 of 20 in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Been to Maison Donamaria? Share your experiences!