Hotel Ramuntcho(Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port)
Hotel des Remparts(Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port)
  • Restaurant
Maison E. Bernat(Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjean francoisthe riveryogurtbreadthe ownerthe perfect hostold bridgea great stayswimming poolclose to townlocal areabeautiful houseplace to staysecret gardenriverside walkbreakfast tableconsummate host
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stayed there in my way to the start of the Camino de Santiago. Jean François, our host could not be more wonderful , he would do everything to make you fell that you are home. To get to this magical place, you walk by the river in a magical forest, rooms are wonderful, bathroom is clean and with a lot of space, decoration is another plus, breakfast to die for, and he has one of the best stamp for your credencial.
If I go back to St. Jean, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Have to start review by saying: Thank you so much Jean-François! He helped us a lot, provided a lot of info about the Camino and even got us the Pilgrim Credentials. The B&B is a 4 minute walk from the main street. But on the way to start the Camino. Comfortable bed. Good night sleep.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pepito506
Reviewed 15 October 2016

After a long flight and train ride, we arrived n St. Jean and were utterly captivated by this storybook town. When we finally arrived at Maison Donamaria, we are welcomed by Jean Francois, the owner and his dog, Zubi, who are waiting outside to greet us. From then on, we felt as if we were visiting an old friend.

Our room on the second floor was charming with a picturesque view. As we fell asleep, we could hear the sound of the rushing water from the river outside our window.

Jean Francois had already returned from the local bakery with bread for breakfast, as we made our way downstairs. He served it with homemade jams and figs from his garden, homemade apple juice and yogurt and cereal; delicious!

Be sure to ask Jean Francois to show you his secret garden. It is a lovely area to the side of his property with a swimming pool, fig and apple trees.

Jean Francois seemed to be as excited as we were as he wished us "Buen Camino". This was a magical experience that we will not soon forget.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amoxiegirl
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I agree with all the other reviews about how well located and comfortable Donamaria is, but what I wanted to comment on is the owner and host Jean-François. He welcomed me in his gentle softspoken way into his home, showed me around and made sure I was ready for my hike the next day. He sensed my anxiety over the 1st and hardest part of the Camino Frances and gave me caring advise, go slow, open your chest, look up and enjoy the beauty around you. You could tell his sincerity by how he touched base the next day to find out how my day went. Great person. Great place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank NickdL
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay before heading off on the Camino, fab beds and breakfast, and great location right at the bottom of the Camino path but a lovely stroll along the river into town. Very tranquil beginning to the Camino. Very attentive host, loads of advice for travelling over the Pyrenees can't stay enough good things about Jean Francois was a delight to meet. Facilities

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends