“Great location, comfortable room”
Review of Maison Donamaria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Maison Donamaria
Reviewed 24 November 2016

We ended up here because we had booked 2 nights at Errecaldia, but somehow they overbooked and required us to vacate the second night. Our host, Tim, made reservations for us here and carried us here. I had only 2 negatives: the breakfast is served late if you're walking the Camino and want an early start and we had difficulty sleeping due to the outside noises. When were there, it was extremely hot and the windows had to be open, as nothing in the area has air conditioning. Our room was next to the road, and well past midnight there were sounds of people talking very loudly just below our window. Although they don't serve breakfast until late, our host graciously agreed to set out cereals, bread, coffee and juice for us the night before. The location is great -- next to the river, very close to town center, and very close to the Camino where it exits St. Jean Pied de Port. Other than for the outside noise, the room was comfortable, and would have warranted a 5 instead of a 4.

Room Tip: I temperature is hot be aware that there are street noises below the open windows.
There are newer reviews for Maison Donamaria

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stayed there in my way to the start of the Camino de Santiago. Jean François, our host could not be more wonderful , he would do everything to make you fell that you are home. To get to this magical place, you walk by the river in a magical forest, rooms are wonderful, bathroom is clean and with a lot of space, decoration is another plus, breakfast to die for, and he has one of the best stamp for your credencial.
If I go back to St. Jean, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Have to start review by saying: Thank you so much Jean-François! He helped us a lot, provided a lot of info about the Camino and even got us the Pilgrim Credentials. The B&B is a 4 minute walk from the main street. But on the way to start the Camino. Comfortable bed. Good night sleep.

1  Thank pepito506
Reviewed 15 October 2016

After a long flight and train ride, we arrived n St. Jean and were utterly captivated by this storybook town. When we finally arrived at Maison Donamaria, we are welcomed by Jean Francois, the owner and his dog, Zubi, who are waiting outside to greet us. From then on, we felt as if we were visiting an old friend.

Our room on the second floor was charming with a picturesque view. As we fell asleep, we could hear the sound of the rushing water from the river outside our window.

Jean Francois had already returned from the local bakery with bread for breakfast, as we made our way downstairs. He served it with homemade jams and figs from his garden, homemade apple juice and yogurt and cereal; delicious!

Be sure to ask Jean Francois to show you his secret garden. It is a lovely area to the side of his property with a swimming pool, fig and apple trees.

Jean Francois seemed to be as excited as we were as he wished us "Buen Camino". This was a magical experience that we will not soon forget.

1  Thank amoxiegirl
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I agree with all the other reviews about how well located and comfortable Donamaria is, but what I wanted to comment on is the owner and host Jean-François. He welcomed me in his gentle softspoken way into his home, showed me around and made sure I was ready for my hike the next day. He sensed my anxiety over the 1st and hardest part of the Camino Frances and gave me caring advise, go slow, open your chest, look up and enjoy the beauty around you. You could tell his sincerity by how he touched base the next day to find out how my day went. Great person. Great place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank NickdL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
0.5 km away
Hotel Erreguina
Hotel Erreguina
#1 of 1 in Banca

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Been to Maison Donamaria? Share your experiences!