“My Fave”

The Social - bar & restaurant
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Price range: USD 9 - USD 19
Description: Meet some friends for a drink after work, bring the family for a lovely meal or even book a table for a lunch meeting. If you’re looking for a great atmosphere, fantastic food and an extensive range of beers and drinks, then come on down to The Social. Enjoy fine food in one of our quiet areas, join in with the fun and conversations at one of our long sharing tables in the pub, or take time out by the fire relaxing in one of our comfy chairs, there really is something for everyone.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great menu that's always being updated, love trying new things! Cheap weekday lunch options, nice outdoors & cosey indoors. Great for a meal with the family or a few drinks with friends.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great atmosphere! The night started off well, and I have to highly recommend their ciabatta bread! -Hence the reason for 2 stars
The mains ordered were sirloin steak, chicken burger, market fish, and fish and chips x 2. The fried chicken burger was tasty and for $17 dollars we would have again. The sirloin steak was tasty but the portion size was tiny, so much so that we ended up going home and making sandwiches which was incredibly disappointing for $30. Note that when they say pickled onion and mushroom it is singular, not plural for a reason..
The main issue was the fish..Both the fish and chips and market fish was extremely fishy tasting and smelling Terakihi! The two who ordered the fish and chips were only able to eat the chips, and while the men tried to eat the fish (as we were paying for it) they couldn't stomach it. I would also not recommend the market fish because of the price. $28 for two small fish fillets, a salad with a poached egg and a few pieces of roasted potato is ridiculous, especially when the meal was virtually inedible.
This experience absolutely ruined our night, as we are rarely able to go out with family. We will never come here again, and would recommend against it if anyone were to ask.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Awesome range of beers, ciders and wines. Food absolutely delicious. Service awesome. Atmosphere great. Highly recommend for a good night out.
Vegetarian friendly :-)

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I have been to the Social several times as it is my local pub, this visit will be my last for a meal as it was very disappointing! I ordered the Steak medium rare at a cost of $30, the Steak was of very average quality it was dry and tasteless and defiantly not worth the money I paid, my friends were equally disappointed with their meals, the pork belly looked like it had been deep fried and overall the meals were average to say the least, last week I went to another restaurant in Waikane where I had the most amazing Steak for $34 so I know where I will be going in the future and it will not be the Social!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Bit expensive for a glass of beer but still enjoyed it. Nice outside area to sit. And Sky sports. Didn't try the food but what was being served to other customers looked very nice and well presented.