“The real heel of Italy ,wild ,accessible...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

606barbar...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The real heel of Italy ,wild ,accessible coastline ,and a top notch conversion of a trull.”
Reviewed 27 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The journey stared with a day job consultation .Nothing special but a milanese businessman asked me where I had been in Italy .Portafino,Venice ,Milan and Capri .Ah he told me the real Italy where the italians go is Puglia.So I went straight home and searched and found Villa Sabina .We and to wait a couple of years for availability but got there eventually .
My daughter flew in and was instantly "can I get my friend in for a fashion shoot ".A hundred shots later of poses and wild thyme on the headland and we were deep into a seep through beautiful holiday .
The conversion is detailed and high quality and we loved the natural pools in the grounds and nearer to the sea .Seeing the goats herded across the land every evening suggested a link to an older ancient life .
Naturally there were a few glitches but Sabina was incredibly responsive .We were a bit british and reluctant to say that the sky lights didn't work for us for the first few days .Fixed quickly.
We had a strange experience with a dog which hooked up with us as we returned one evening .Such a needy dog who was quite desperate for human company and even tried to get through the trull roof .One telephone call and a neighbour scooped her up and took her away .
We loved the land ,the garden,the natural park ,Gallipoli ,the fresh vegetables and fruit .
This really is Italy and you will need your phrase book but everyone couldn't have been more helpful.
The local supermercardo in San Isidoro was great and the brothers interpreted our arm waving and pointing with great patience .
We would definitely recommend the trullo .Fabulous holiday.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing