“Snarky, offhand remark behind my back”

Le Resto du Village
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We came by for a quick bite, had a good meal, but as I asked for the bill, I heard the waitresses say to each other - paraphrasing - “Pas de vin, pas de desserts, pas de cafe... quelles gents riches”. It was very rude, also to assume I don’t understand their snarky remarks or body language. We just came by for a quick lunch because we actually like the food, which is a big compliment in and of itself. Shame they have such insincere service. 1/5

1  Thank sephf

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The place at first is a bit misleading.
  We were served by an amazing English-speaking waitress named
.Lorali that was so patient and kind
The food was delicious
.Colorful, and beautifully presented.
A lovely and delightful evening .
מסעדה מדהימה. אוכל נפלא ושרות לבבי ונעים. המלצרית לורלי דוברת אנגלית ומקסימה.
האוכל מוגש בצורה יפיפה והארוחה במקום ממש חוויה.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We visited after a day kayaking based on our driver’s recommendation. Our waitress was so friendly and helpful and the food was brilliant. We had the fish terrain and the foie gras brulee. The veal was outstanding and the duck was good. The house wine in offer is a little pricey compared to standard house whites but the quality makes it worth it. Highly recommend this place, we had a lovely meal.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Whatever you read, not worth the stop, unless only for a drink.
The next statement is only based on the ranking in TripAdvisor. If you put a resto on number 7 of say 150 restaurants in the area, I expect good service and great meal.
My experience:
- service: as bad as it can ever get. Waiting far too long. 40 min before anyone came to out me table. After receiving diner, my wife did not get her plate. I really had to stand up, go to the kitchen an ask for her meal.
- food: rather ok, cannot say I ate poorly.

After our complaint, we received apologies and a drink on the house.
Well minimum I think ...

Overall, I hope we were unfortunate, as the owner said, and this is not the normal working way of the resto.

@ TripAdvisor: be aware of this and carefully read the ratings.
We have been in this region for 2 years, followed your leads and always ended up very good.
This one .... sorry, really does not belong even in top 20 :-(

1  Thank Hest P
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch after sine time spent at the pont d'Arc. Great food and very Well presented at the plate.