See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I went to the Philos Tourist Hotel last year.
I had consideration for trip.
Becasue, I went to Po-hang with my family.
So, I really want to clean and cozy.
This hotel is more cheaper than other hotel.
In Pohang, not many hotels.
So, I didn't consider another hotels.
Finally, I don't like this hotel.
The hotel interior design seem to be too old.
I think my granma houses is better than this hotel.
just so so..

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

This Hotel is supposedly a 4-star Hotel. Well, the receptionist is very unfriendly. In the rooms, generations of guests have left their marks in the carpet, you really do not want to go barefoot.
Cannot be recommended at all.

Room tip: Stay at another Hotel.
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Expedia sold this as a Deluxe Double room, but there wasn't anything Deluxe about it. Carpet was very dirty with big black spots throughout the room and large cigarette burns, even though it was a non-smoking room. I was afraid to walk around without something on my feet. When I first walked into the room it reeked of cigarette smoke, but it was 2:30 in the morning and I didn't have the energy to go back down and change rooms. Furniture was also dirty with the white desk chair black at the top. Tub didn't have a shower curtain and I was concerned when the shower spray got the electric toilet all wet during my first shower. I'm an electrical safety guy by profession. When I asked the room cleaners for a curtain, they came back about an hour later with what was obviously a curtain removed from another room as it already had some beginnings of mold growing along the bottom seam and soap scum all over it. The bathroom amenities were few and if you want to shampoo your hair, you had better bring your own because you won't get it here. When I asked the front desk person about getting an adapter for the plug so I could keep my laptop and phone charged, they didn't have any to lend.

The front entry to the hotel is very impressive and they have a very good buffet, but as a business traveler I am more concerned with the room and this one was very poor. I'm not sure how it compares to other hotels in the city, but compared to the Queen Vell Hotel in Daegu where I stayed my last night before flying out of the local airport, the room was a dump.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 24 November 2014

Had just one night here last week - so this review is pretty much to say it is clean, comfortable, and i found the front desk staff smiling and very helpful! They directed me to the fish market for a very good dinner (a little expensive though) but could not recommend any other restaurants apart from their own.
The small desk in the room was much appreciated for doing some work. The wi-fi service was good.
i have 4 nights here next week so look forward to using more of the facilities and will let you know how it was.

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

After long trip, this hotel really look like paradise. The food for dinner was awesome. They serve delicious seafood. More choice for muslim. The room look nice with beautiful view to the street from room 614. But the floor doesnt look really clean. Bathroom is small.

Date of stay: October 2014