Wasn't particularly happy with my stay here. The hotel is clean but lacks any character. You wouldnt know you where in south east Asia, has a package hotel quality about it.
As the last reviewer commented, a lot of things are overpriced and its one of these places that try to charge you for everything. You were not even meant to take the complimentary water from your room! (they put it in glass bottles) meaning you had to take the plastic bottles from the chargable mini bar menu. This is not exaclty a problem but illustrates their attitude. What hotel in Thailand doesn't let you do what you want with the 2 free bottles of water!?
Another thing that annoyed me was the restaurant menu. The food was a bit overpriced for what it was to begin with but the prices did not include 7% tax and they added an automatic 10% service charge. This meant a 600baht tab for food ended up being about 700baht. Don't get me wrong, this was made clear on the menu but every other restaurant I have been to in Thailand includes tax and does not add service charge.
The thing that annoyed me the most was the staggering 700baht!! joiner fee. I have seen Joiner Fees of 100/200 or so but 700!!
Also when I checked out the guy in charge of the mopeds wanted 500baht as he claimed I scratched it. The reception staff didnt seem to interested in helping even though the moped was rented through the Hotel.
This Hotel is ok for young groups with money to waste who are not bothered about character and value but I would not stay here again and would not receomend it for solo travellers or couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic resort built in contemporary Thai architecture set directly on the beach front location of the vibrant Chaweng Beach, 10 minutes drive away distance from the airport within short walking distance to the nearby vibrant commercial area offering 101 cozily decorated guestrooms and classic charming bungalows for enjoyable tropical beach holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Chaweng Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Cove Beach Resort Ko Samui