“All fluffed up”

The Larder
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

One of the best reasons to come to Samui is to have "The Fluffer" at The Larder.

Sure it's fine dining, sure you are looked after like a king, sure the appetisers are fantastic and the mains delicious, but make sure you leave room for the best dessert on the island.

5 stars!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The food was delicious, I had the scallops to start and my partner had the trio of salmon, he then had clam pasta for his main and I had salmon with dumplings - all cooked to perfection! The service was good and there was a lovely ambience. The portion sizes were generous, although it is higher end I still believe it offers good value for money.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Have been here several times and have never failed to be impressed with the food, the attentive staff and great management

Reviewed 22 August 2017

A huge thank you to Damian and team who made our daughter's birthday celebration one to remember!

Our kids always love coming here as they are total suckers for the freshly made burgers and pastas. An added kicker at the moment is that the guys are running a kids eat free promotion.

No, kidding!

Kids are eating free!

The food here is excellent, think top end gastro pub style food with all kinds of wonderful twists, turns and flavours.

The menu itself is a joy to read and will have you chuckling at the inventiveness of the names of the dishes, all thought up one drunken night apparently!

The restaurant always has a great vibe and the cocktails are worth the visit alone!

A personal thanks to Damian for surprising our daughter with the chocolate fondant and candle!

She loved it and we all had a great evening!

We fully recommend anybody to dine here and would suggest calling ahead just to be sure!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for 7 pm inside w/ac at late afternoon.
When I arrived short before 7 pm the restaurant was empty no guests at all.
The staff was friendly and showed me 'my' table, , , worst table in restaurant next to the door, no other guests and no reservation sign on other table so I choice an other one.
I ordered a drink, sparkling water (360 Thb) and one of the two staff gave me the menue (only 1 side for starters and only 1 for main) then she pointed for the special on the 'black-board', the black-board was on the other side of the restaurant and high up by the sealing and was hard to read so i had to get up for reading!
Later a couple arrived and we was the only guests the whole evening (7-9 pm)!
My order for dinner was then,
Starter, Chese The One (Toasted medium dark Bred with Pesto and Cheese Brûlée) 240 Thb
Main, Fine Tuna (Tuna in a Herb Crust) 620 Thb
Wine, Whispering Angel (rose) 2,700 Thb
Dessert, Crumbilcious (Apple wit Rhubarb Crumble 280 Thb
The starter was good and interesting combination i liked.
Main, Tuna was excellent and nicely presented.
Wine was good but hat the waitress to asking 3 times to fill up my glass as the cooler was 2 meter away from my table!!
Dessert was a disaster, 9x% Apple and Rhubarb almost not existing and the Crumble layer was to thick! I had this Dessert many times in other restaurants around Asia, but this was definitely the worst of all!
Staff, 2 staff for only 2 table occupancy and not more attentive, come on 'High End Restaurant'!
Also just finish the last bite the waitress asked to take my plate and wusch she put the dessert menu in front of me, how rude, how about hold the menu in the hand and asking first and give the guest a brake?

Till now i had the intention to comeback for an other dinner but when paying the bill i decided otherwise , ,

As i want to pay with my VISA Card the waitress mention to me there is additional % for using credit cards!
As a so call 'High End Restaurant' and by this prices and a 'Mastercard' sign at the door , , or do you need the additional % to absorbing the lack of other guest?
So i payd cash but left no tip , , ,

This happens now the second thime here in Koh Samui with Restaurants and never happens in all my other Thailand holidays (4 times a year for many years) only in Koh Samui , , will definitely address this to VISA!