What can I say, we were at the Chaweng Regent Resort in June 2011 and stayed in a beautiful room that looked over the pool to the ocean.
The resort in great, 2 big pools, good breakfast, great rooms, perfect you would think.
Unfortunately we didn't really like Ko Samui, the place is just too dirty, my wife had been here previously, like 15 years earlier and there wasn't much left of the good old days, the main street is a mixture of massage parlours, bars, cheap knock off shops and all to flash restaurants.
Hey, I'm travelling with kids now so 20 years ago this would have appealed but for a family stay, I'm glad we spent more than we budgeted for by escaping to this Resort whilst here.
Oh, there is a great little restaurant down the lane way across the road, Green Frog maybe, plastic chairs, plastic tables, even plastic table cloths but the food was Thai at its best, go there and write on the walls, everyone else did, beautiful food.
Oh and try the corn cooked on the beach out front of the hotel, plenty of butter and salt, mmmmm
The beach isn't anything special but the corn, yummmmm
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui