Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DaveT

Good choice

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2019
Stayed in the ocean side building, rooms have been refurbed to a good standard,cannot comment on lakeside. The staff were really good and attentive to guests needs.

The breakfast was good with plenty of choice, ok not as much choice as you might get in some other hotels but you will pay a lot more money for the choice,for the price you pay at Chaba it’s good value for money.

Excellent location.

The only complaint I have is the pool and beach sun beds the mattresses are so thin and so uncomfortable, come on Chaba get some new thicker mattresses and you have the perfect resort at a very good price.
Date of stay: January 2019
Room Tip: Go for ocean side building
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • LuxuryCollection
    AU$776
2.1 km from Matcha Samui Resort
View more hotels in Chaweng
All reviews ocean building chaweng beach beach bar egg station great holiday beach front nice pool restaurants and bars happy hour koh sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2019

Located on beach and only 5 mins walk from main shopping precinct this resort was the perfect place to stay. Walked in as unable to return home due to non food or scooter related illness, the staff showed us what was available and gave us a good price. Also were very understanding when we had to extend departure on a few occasions. Staff were lovely and the food was good, premises kept clean and were able to assist with all our enquiries. Only downfall was TV reception during rain but that is very common and a hell of a lot better than the first place we stayed in

Room tip: Resort divided by room - suggest try and get ocean view side
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank familylucas
Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

The hotel definitely does not look like the photos.
The outside is extremely old and run down. The rooms were the only decent thing!
We were not aware that the lake room is in a completely different building to the hotel with beach access. Once checked in, we decided to upgrade to the ocean room (and had to haggle the price with reception!!)
She overcharged us.. so make sure to book the ocean room to start with.
On our first night, just as we were getting into bed, we noticed that our bed sheets were dirty and had hair in them - we called reception and they sent someone up to change the sheets.
On our first few days, staff were really rude. They’d refuse to say hi or even smile!
We submit a complaint through Agoda and were left with a note in our room to attend reception. Upon doing so, the receptionist started yelling at us for complaining to Agoda. We had never felt so uncomfortable especially being in a foreign country.
I’m not sure if I’d recommend this hotel to anyone. We initially had very low expectations but did not expect anything like this.
I will say that the hotel is in a great location though and the included buffet breakfasts were decent.

Oh also.. when checking in, they require a 2000 Baht bond to be paid upfront.
They wouldn’t allow me to charge this to my credit card and I didn’t have enough Baht on me (as I wasn’t expecting to pay that bond), so they told me $100 AUD would suffice.
Upon checking out, the ladies “forgot” to give me back my bond. They put all the check out documents into a sealed envelope.. it was only when I was walking out of the hotel to our taxi that I realised they had not put my $100 into the envelope before sealing it.
When I went back in and demanded my bond, the ladies told me that they had forgotten to give it to me.
Don’t let them rip you off!

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Spent 13nights here wish it could have been longer everything,staff,food, spotlessly clean.couldn't have wished for more.Bit of an hill when coming out of hotel small price to pay.So impressed with staff hard working nothing too much trouble

1  Thank Terry P
Reviewed 13 January 2019

It’s on the Beach. And the rooms are ok. But it ends there. Now I booked this place because I wanted to spend the last couple days of my holiday relaxin and slurpin on a couple cold beers or the odd schmancy cocktail at a pool bar. Unfortunately It was a fake pool bar... seriously, why fake it! To add insult to injury the real bar located on the beach, was overpriced and the cocktails were easily the worst we’d had. Though in their defence, 5 parts water, 4 parts sugar, and a teaspoon of vodka with a dash of lime for $15 is still technically a cocktail..

Room tip: Clean but uncomfortable
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Eli M
Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

Best holiday in a long time , hotel is the exactly what is says on there website
Super friendly staff , very clean
Ive stayed in hotels with a beter star rateing but this hotel was so much beter
Loved every single day here and dont want to leave

Trip type: Travelled solo