All reviews nice hotel pool bar koh samui junior suite minute walk to the beach the main road private beach southern end stayed here for nights pleasant stay would highly recommend this hotel thai restaurant small pool standard room central festival buffet breakfast restaurants and bars
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The mecure is very centrally located in Chaweng Koh Samui. Friendly service, clean rooms, nice bathrooms and a great little restaurant in the lobby. I didn’t eat there but they made excellent iced cappucinos! The people in the lobby were always very helpful and polite. Beach access is right across the street and the hotel has its own bar and chairs. You can also order food, I believe it comes from the hotel. The pool at the hotel is beautiful and has a pool bar. They have 2 happy hours that sadly I could not take advantage of because we were always out at those times. Maybe next time.the hotel has beautiful plants on their grounds so shout out to the gardener. I saw him out there working. You walk left or right and you’ll be around a ton of restaurants. Thanks for making my stay in Koh Samui great!

Room tip: I was on the top floor which is on the 4th
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nalinee K, General Manager at Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Ticketytwo

Thank you for your perfect review, and your kind words.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service received during your stay with us and it puts a big smile on our faces as this is the best reward for the team and I.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hello from Phuket
I would like to thank you all for this amazing holidays we had me and my fiancé.
First thank you to the breakfast team, thank you TUK for your friendly kindness, you have a wonderful team.
We had an unforgettable st valentine, it was outstanding! I appreciate all the details ...
Thank you M, sira and all the receptionstuff.
Thank you to GOLF, WHYSKI and SURIN, and the whole bar team.
Thank you to the maid and housekeeping.
There are no words to describe our satisfaction when it comes to all of you at Mercure.
We wish all the best!
Be Make sure that we will return in this oasis hotel!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We are enjoying a very nice stay at Mercure Hotel in Koh Samui! The rooms are stylish simple and clean. The breakfast option is a wide variety with many choices and with good service!

Me and my fiancée, who I had the pleasure to propose to on our stay. Had the pleasure of great services before and during the moment when I proposed. Mr M, help me dearly with preparations on the beach. Mr M had arranged a private place on the beach with candle lights and flowers and more arrangements to ensure a long lasting memory, special thanks to you and the whole staff!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Christiankakken

Thank you for your perfect review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service received during your stay with us and for breakfast.

Reading that you had a fabulous moment at Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana puts a big smile on our faces.
Our staffs take great pride in contributing to the happiness of our valued guests and give them a memorable experience. Please be assured that I will share your kind feedback with the team.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

This hotel is so good that I couldn't wait to write this review! I chose it because I'd had good experiences with the Mercure brand in Europe and Australia, but this one exceeded all of my expectations and it's mainly due to the staff which are simply incredible! I have never encountered better staff than this and have never felt this good in any hotel in my life. It is definitely the best Mercure hotel I've ever stayed at.

I am a Gold Le Club Accor member and, from the moment I walked into the hotel, the staff made me feel like a king! I was given a free upgrade to a Junior suite, which is huge and beautiful, with a four poster bed! I received a welcome letter from the manager and a „welcome amenity“ in the form of fruit and cocktails. Next morning at breakfast my partner and I were given coconut cocktails that we hadn't even ordered, just as a thank you for my loyalty to Accor. That was really unexpected and such a nice touch! This hotel really puts to shame all the other hotels I've stayed at, even the five star ones!

All the members of the staff were extremely friendly, warm and genuine, from the wonderfully helpful Joey at the reception, the ever-smiling M and Maffy, lovely Pa in the restaurant who remembered that I drink a cappuccino at breakfast (it's little things like this that mean so much!) and wonderful Nar in the bar who recommended a perfect wine for my welcome drink, to the lady whose name I didn't get, unfortunately, but who made us excellent cocktails at the pool bar! These are just the names of people that I remember, but every single member of the staff was smiling and polite and made my stay so special that I really didn't want to leave. At no moment did I feel that there was anything forced about them or that they were simply going through the motions, they genuinely seemed friendly and nice.

As for the hotel itself, it is simply but beautifully decorated with a lot of character. There is even a pond with koi fish in the lobby. As I've mentioned, the Junior suite is really large. It's true that there is some noise from the street, but it didn't bother me, and anyway after midnight there wasn't any noise to be heard, the street was completely quiet until 8 AM. The bed is very comfortable, which is the most important thing. The hotel has a great and calm pool area if you don't want to go to the beach, with a bar where you can get food, cocktails and ice cream. There is also a private beach with a bar, but we preferred to stay at the hotel as the weather didn't permit swimming in the sea. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk away from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng, which is good, and it also offers a private shuttle service to the airport (450 THB) and other places, and Le Club Accor members even get a 10% discount on the shuttle service.
Breakfast is good, especially the pastries, and there is an egg station where they will make you an omelette to order. In the evening the bar is a peaceful place with a nice ambience where you can relax with a good drink.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you want to be treated like royalty by wonderful and genuine people in a beautiful setting, then look no further!

Room tip: Junior suite is very spacious and has a four poster bed
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ecotone
Nalinee K, General Manager at Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Ecotone

Thank you for being our loyalty member and choosing Mercure Samui Chaweng as your accommodation choice during your stay at Samui and for taking the time to write this review.

You made my day extra special with your fantastic review, Your compliment remarks are most appreciated especially with our staff service, especially to Joey, Maffi, M, Pa,and Nar. This has made us very proud and encouraging us to strive for every day.

Thank you once again and we certainly look forward to welcome you back to Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana again

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

i could not find the Carpe Diem restaurant to give the review. so i have to write in the hotel (anyway is the restaurant of the hotel).
the place is amazing beach front and around 150 meters from the hotel what is on the main road.
mum wants to have dinner there because she really liked the way how was set.

we order 2 pizzas. i ask if they was going to bake on there. they said no. we cook at hotel and bring here.
i was very clear and ask if the pizza would be hot when we eat and she said yes.
we waited around 20m and pizza come. they walk that almost 150 meters with the pizza in the tray. with air. wind and dirty all around.
well pizza was warm not hot .
when we ask to warm up. they didn't understand and take another 15minutes to comeback.
well ok come back the same way. not hot.
ok we decided to leave. went to pay and ask if could pay with card there. the *trainne* what i really believe dobt understand a word in english said *yes yes*. takes my card and was walking away to the hotel. since everything was taking soo long i follow her and sign there.
well bad experience for a so amazing place.

pizza was good. not one of the best and not the worse

Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager_MercureSamui, Operations Manager at Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Mr.Juninho,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience,
It is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Nina Operations Manager