Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I luckily came across this place at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. It was by far the best hotel we stayed at in Thailand. The room was quite big and clean. There's only 24 rooms in the whole hotel (8 rooms per floor) so it's a pretty quiet place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, though not necessarily the best English. That's not a problem, however, as we managed just fine. The main reason I had for booking was the location. It did not disappoint either in that case. It's less than 2 km to Central Festival which is a pretty central landmark. Easy to access everything around and lots of good restaurants near by.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PloenSamui, Management Team at Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Dear Walker S

Thank you for staying at Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are delighted to know that you were pleased with our location, nice hotel and our good service during your vacation staying with us. .
Your comments are really valued for the team and we are willing to serve you a better service for your next visit in a near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The only problem is that in the last day I realize that my sunglass was not in the bedroom, and the day before I left it out of my luggage. I asked in the reception if someone found and they didn't say anything. I sent an e-mail the week after to know if they had any news about my sunglass, but they didn't replied me. I stayed in 6 different hotels during this trip and it was the only one I had a problem like this.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
PloenSamui, Management Team at Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Dear EliseSY Maringá
5 days agoReviewed by EliseSY

Thank you for your kind review and sharing your experience at our hotel The hotel is very clean and tidy, the location is quite good and the staff english is good.on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and planning to come back next year.

Your comment regarding to your sunglass and no someone to Progress report or reply to you right now we already ask all our staff but we dit’n found yet and already brought to all staff attention for further improvement. We will certainly look into all the below expectation items you have mentioned and try our best to improve immediately .
Thank you one more time for your comment and concern.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

They were very nice and their English is very good.
They gave us extra towels for the swimming pool and offered us as much water as we wanted.
It is true that the outside pool is small but the inside one is great for the rainy days!
The decoration of the room is very nice and everything was very clean.
I will recommend it!

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank marieta_mms

Dear marieta_mms
1 week agoReviewed by marieta_mms

Thank you for your kind review and sharing your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and all aspects of your stay were met to your satisfaction.

Your complimentary remarks are most appreciated especially with our staff service. This has made them them very proud and encouraging us to strive for every day.We certainly look forward to welcome you back to Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui again .

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel and staff. They spoke very good English and were so helpful. Nice restaurant in hotel with swimming pool and relax area. Place was very clean staff catered to your room, no charge. Location while not on the beach just a short walk. Lots of nice shops and restaurants. Bike rental right beside hotel , 150.00 baht per 24 hr. I would definitely stay there again.
Thank you for making the end of my trip so enjoyable.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank erleslie
PloenSamui, Management team at Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Dear erleslie
Thank you for your kind review and sharing your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to know that the overall of your stay were enjoyed with us

Your complimentary remarks are most appreciated and we certainly look forward to welcome you back to Ploen Chaweng KOh Samui again for your next visit to Thailand

Management team

Reviewed 12 July 2016

There is one morning that we heard a very large heavy item fell on ground in our room. Despite of not having any stuff in our sight that dropped on floor as what we heard, we did not notice that it was actually a broken sound of a soda in our refrigerator. My partner saw this (as attached pictures) when he opened the refrigerator. The glass soda is suspected exploded due to the low temperature set in the refrigerator. Another can of coke is broken too due to the impact.

We called a room service to clean up the refrigerator. Everything was good until we are back to the hotel at the end of the day. The receptionist told us that the refrigerator is not meant to set it to a lower temperature and we have to pay for the drinks. We were like.. what?? The temperature is not allowed to be adjusted??!! In fact, there is NO even a notice saying not to adjust the temperature on the refrigerator! We insisted not to pay as this is not our fault. She phoned the manager to confirm on the charge on us and the manager insisted so. As the middle person between us and her manager, the receptionist tends to pay for us in order to make her job easier. Me and partner couldn’t take it so at the end, we paid. This is not about the money as the charge is just a small amount, but we are just feeling unfair. The manager should feel lucky as she has such a receptionist working for her.

On the next day, when we were trying to check out, there is another receptionist accused us that there is one item missing in the room. We were like.. again?? What else that this hotel is trying to charge us. At the end, after she had confirmed with the housekeeper, she told us that the item (which is paper weight) was not there originally before we checked in. So she will just let it go.

This is not a good impression hotel for us. As a traveller, we try to book a good hotel not only for quality but also in terms of service as well. I can say that we feel disappointed on this hotel and will not recommend it for others staying. In my opinion, the business role of this hotel, is just for one-time-go business, but not for a return customer.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Elynne T
PloenSamui, Hotel Manager at Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Dear Elynne T.
My sincere apologies for the delay in replying to your comment due to the change in hotel management.

The hotel is under our management, so I will not try to make any excuses for what happened. However, learning from the lessons and make sure the same mistake does not happen again.

I hope that the crash occurred at all. We will improve And apologized for the inconvenience caused as some facilities, so you know that hotel management did not ignore the inconvenience of the guests, although in some cases due to unforeseen circumstances.

Management team