“A wonderful dinner and date.”

THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #10 of 246 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: USD 1 - USD 4
Description: THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar – An attractive open-air beachfront restaurant, featuring fresh seafood and a variety of international dishes, plus a diverse selection of traditional Thai favourites. Choose from intimate indoor dining rooms, covered outdoor dining decks, romantic private gazebos or dining directly on the beach under the stars
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I think this is the best dating or dinner place in Samui. All the staffs are friendly and nice. Food are really local, it is indeed Thai food.

1  Thank Hui W
Nick_Samui, Manager at THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Hui W

From all of the team here at the TENT we thank you for your brief yet lovely review.

We do like to think that we are great for “dating” our private little gazebos on the sand are just perfect for two for that local or further afield cuisine.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want somewhere hip and stylish and easy to get to for your next Sunday brunch head to Sunday Social at Sala. They not only have their full buffet menu with fresh seafood, bread, cheeses, sushi, salads and desserts but you can order a la carte. You can order as much as you like including meat, fish and vegetarian dishes which are either hot or cold. We ordered everything, to try it all and we weren’t disappointed.

The dishes are tapa sizes which come out in small cute pots, so you can either eat straight out of the pot or put on your plate.

What we liked about the Sunday Social was that it was a set price of three different levels – Socially Acceptable - food and unlimited soft drinks THB 1,500++, Socially Dedicated, - food and add house beers, wine and sangria THB 2,500++ and finally Socially Committed - food and add select cocktails, house spirits and sparkling wine THB 3,500++. So all you can eat and drink, but quality food and drink not just a cheap buffet and pay extra for a drink like other Sunday brunches. We went for Socially Dedicated and loved the sangria I lost count on how many we had.

The brunch runs from 12 pm through to 4 pm, they also have a cool Jazz band playing and the view to the beach is wonderful where you can sit and watch the world pass by without having to leave your table.

The restaurant has heaps of fans to keep you cool as well as the sea breeze, and different types of seating including standard chairs or couches for larger groups, highly recommend to go, will be back.

Nick_Samui, Manager at THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear cgkjourneys

Thank you for your visit to the Sunday SOCIAL here at SALA Chaweng and thank you for sharing your detailed review with the world. We do so believe that our take on the "classic Sunday brunch" with the Social is one of the highlights of the week and we are delighted with the positive feedback we have received so far.

We are pleased that you ate your way through the menu and do hope that you enjoyed the pass arounds too!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back again, you can take advantage of our early bird offers when booking on a Monday or Tuesday for the following Sunday.

See you soon at THE TENT

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A fabulous welcome will always great you here. We stayed at the hotel over a 10 day period and thoroughly enjoyed the food served to us, a lot of thought and care has gone into offering an international cuisine to suit all tastes. At breakfast the a la carte choices were all cooked to order and everything we tried lived up to expectation and beyond, the eggs benedict at breakfast were to die for! We also really enjoyed the beach bbq evening which had a lovely casual laid back feel but again with lots of choice. The restaurant offers a lovely romantic ambience set right on the beach. The bar offers great G&T's (with premium tonic - a must) and some fabulous quality cocktails again with all premium products used. Well done to Nick and Oh and their team you offer a first class service.

Dear Rachel E

A very big thank you on behalf of the entire team here at the TENT at Sala Chaweng for your lovely words here on trip advisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all we have to offer from breakfasts through to the Gin & Tonic menu and the very special service the dedicated team provide.

So thank you much and we will look forward to seeing you again in Samui in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We had a chanced to attend a wine dinner at "The Tent " Sala Chaweng. There was four-course dinner with different wine. The food & services was great. Beautiful surrounding and we really enjoyed the evening.

Nick_Samui, Manager at THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Theerasart G

Thank you for coming to our wine dinner it was a pleasure to have you join us and we are delighted that you enjoyed the dinner and all that it had to offer. We have shared your lovely words with our teams as a little thank you for all of their handwork.

We look forward to welcoming you back the TENT in the very near future.

Kind Thanks

NIck Hall
executive assistant manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Being a resident in Samui, and being a gourmet person, I like to try all restaurants here, and there is a lot!

I passed by this beautiful new resort “Sala Chaweng” near the heart of Chaweng and my curiosity sense brought me to visit the beach front restaurant. My eyes were kept open when I saw the design of the restaurant. White color huge tent , with a very nice wooden tables and chairs invited me , straight away to seat in one of them , face to the sea, nicely recommended by the lovely staff, welcoming me and my boyfriend with a refreshing perfumed towel… This was the second step that told us that we will spend a great time here!

When the waitress brought us the menu, and the extensive wine list, my stomach started to shout! I was so nicely surprised to see different dishes that I usually see in most of the restaurant here. I have known that the Chef is British, established for a long time in the South of Asia, so I understood his signature dishes. Mainly presented with local fresh ingredients, with a professional culinary technique and his healthy objective, I could see in my plates pieces of art that I knew from the first watch that they will be delicious, surprisingly delicious.

I had this trout……, whose taste is difficult to describe, but so yummy, subtle and refined. I cannot talk much about the dishes , as the names of them are also different and unique as their taste.

I had the “wine of the Month” La Chasse sauvignon/Grenache from France, at a very reasonable price , who completed perfectly the meal.

Nick_Samui, Manager at THE TENT Beachfront Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear ikhou v

We are grateful for both your visit and also for taking your time to post such a glowing review of our restaurant. It is great to see "locals" and tourists alike coming to enjoy our many different dining options available and we are particularly delighted that enjoyed the ocean trout along with one of wines of the month as you say as a great offer.

We are very much looking forward to seeing more of you and your partner at SALA Chaweng and THE TENT in the coming weeks and months and with that I shall take the opportunity to say a big thanks from the entire team.