New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #22 of 179 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful, never go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I am a big fan of Indian food and have eaten out at a large number of good Indian restaurants, however this was definitely not one of them. After reading positive reviews about the place I decided to see what the fuss was about. On arrival we were greeted without a smile and were ushered to our seats outside. The area was very dirty (although to be expected from dining outside on a street in Thailand) however I did not appreciate a man trying to fix a pipe behind my seat whilst I was eating my meal! The waiter who served us was incredibly unfriendly and hostile towards us which didn't exactly help the situation. It only went down hill from there when the waiter forgot half of our order, being a group of three I did not think that it would be terribly hard to get it correct, and didnt seem interested when I had to go to the kitchen to inquire. I ordered a side 'garden' salad. DO NOT DO IT unless you have a great sense of humour and dont actually fancy eating salad, it consisted of 5 pieces of carrot and 5 pieces of cucumber creatively displayed on a plate. The food, when it finally came, was below average at best, heinz tomato soup sauce, sandpaper chicken topped off with the saltiest meat naan in the world combined with chips that were coated in flour and deep fried. All in all a completely disastrous experience. To be fair though if you are looking for a laughably bad meal that you will definitely remember then this may be the place for you!

• Visited February 2012

• Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I usually LOVE indian food, and the food at Noori was ok... The problem was it was such a dirty resturnant and kitchen that it turned us off the food and just gave us a sick feeling.

First we were at the front of the resturant which is really hot and had 3 tables around us with people smoking (indoors) which might be normal in alot of countries but isnt so normal back home in Australia so it made it unpleasant for us non-smoker to enjoy the food. We then noticed in the back of the resturant no one was smoking at that particular time although ashtrays on each table, so we asked to be moved, which wasnt a problem at all. The staff helped us move.

We sat down and we could just see how dirty and worn out the place was. We looked through a hole in the wall which shows the condition of the kitchen and it was by far the worst I had ever seen. Had I not already ordered I wouldnt have ordered based off the kitchen alone.

Filthyness and the smoking indoors really made the experience overall very poor. Also the food was pricey for the serving sizes given.

The food was "ok" enough but I definately wont be coming back due to the overall experience.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
England, United Kingdom
“a little reminder of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Really authentic food. A refreshing change from noodles.a vegetarian must visit

soton uk
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

went hear a few times mainly to the one at the bottom of chewang
Food was cheap but tasty and the owner who works there was always helpful and the service was good

High Wycombe, England
“The best Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have been to this restaurant before several years ago and came back. still amazing and worth a visit at least once. The owner is very friendly and helpful and the food is fab. Our favourite meal of the holiday, the homemade mango chutney is so good.