Lowest prices for your stay
USD 150
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
USD 150
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
USD 133
Hotels.comUSD 150
TravelocityUSD 150
eDreamsUSD 150
2,694 results
All reviews plunge pool room tree tops restaurant ocean kiss crab shack our honeymoon koh samui pool bar fire show little touches private beach outdoor shower deluxe room chaweng beach welcome drink pool side relaxing holiday sun loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights last week with a girlfriend. We both needed to escape the stresses of daily life, and we had high expectations of serenity and relaxation, good food, beautiful beach, discreet staff, and a great spa. Upon arrival, we were surprisingly upgraded! Great start! Then we were invited to a management cocktail party! Definitely getting better! Breakfast buffet was one of the best I have experienced. The bar and poolside food was very good quality and well executed. The staff were amazing, polite, friendly and efficient. All in all it exceeded all our expectations, and we will definitely consider staying there again. Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PastryMarquise
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear PastryMarquise,

Exceeding expectations is certainly a goal we want to achieve. Thank you very much for letting us know here on TripAdvisor that we succeeded.

I appreciate that you have joined my cocktail party as I am always looking forward meeting our guests together with my Management Team and hear how they are enjoying their stay and provide them with some helpful tips how to make even more out of their time on Koh Samui.

Please feel free contacting me directly should you finalize a return trip to Koh Samui.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I must thank the staff for their amazing service. Their abilities should be viewed as the gold standard in this industry. There were two young children in our party, Hugo (my son) and William, and the staff seemed to adore them like they were their own children. This made the holiday some what more relaxing knowing that they were accepted and not seen as an annoyance (which is the standard response in many resorts in this industry).

Though child friendly from this point of view, having a balcony appartment or a unit with a pool could be a little nerve wracking if you like to leave doors open.

Excellent pool, great breakfast, amazing staff. Thanks for a great 10 days.

Darren, Melbourne Australia

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Darren,

We certainly remember you and your friends and are glad to hear that you all enjoyed your stay so much. Great to hear as well that you felt your children being in good hands and well looked after by my team (how can someone not adore Hugo and William??).

I certainly understand that the rooms could be a challenge with small children if the doors are not locked. Most of the guest will make use of the safety latches in order to avoid this.

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor and we are looking forward welcoming you and the children back to Anantara Lawana soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed and ate a few different places while in Koh Samui and this place was by far the best resort. The rooms, the food, the staff, the amenities, everything was top notch. I can not say enough about the staff, they absolutely made our stay and go above and beyond to offer all travelers an excellent experience. Tree Tops restaurant is a must if you are a fan of fine dining. The food and service was second to none, the best meal we had while we were on the island. The sheer ambiance of the restaurant was enough to sell us, your own, private tree house to enjoy a beautiful meal and they offer an extensive wine list. This resort is the perfect example that excellent customer service will always win out. Would definitely stay again and will recommend to all.

2  Thank AmyMill88

Dear amyhallmill,

There is very little left to say for us rather than a big Thank You for sharing this fantastic feedback with us. I am sure my team will be delighted hearing how much you enjoyed your stay and I will be sharing it with all of them.

Thank you as well for sharing your dinner feedback on our Tree Tops TripAdvisor page.

Rest assured that we will keep striving for improvements to deliver our guests experiences above and beyond their expectations.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

wake up to the beach, but expect to wait for breakfast. Thailand is amazing (my 5th time here) but this hotel needs a restaurant mananger to handle the meal crowds--which really are not crowds. The rooms with plunge pools are amazing, but the outdoor bathroom means you are showering, brushing your teeth and going to the toilet with with the mosquitoes. I recommend this hotel if you want to experience a lovely location and have nothing but time on your hands.

Date of stay: September 2012

Dear MHL8488,

I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to our usual high standards. My apology in case that we made you wait, which must have been unfortunate timing. We do have in fact a Restaurant Manager as well as an Assistant and a Hostess. Usually I will be around during breakfast as well from time to time to see guests and ensure that this important meal is meeting our and our guest’s expectations. We appreciate the heads up and will ensure that we have a better focus on this.

Beside this I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a lovely time at our resort.

We hope being able having an opportunity showing you our breakfast as it usually is.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I really can't say too much about this place otherwise I'll never stop! We stayed here for 10 nights, and I still wish we hadn't had to leave!!!

The greeting was amazing. After 22 hours of travelling, to turn up quite late and be greeted with lemon iced tea and ice cold flannels was the best thing ever!

The villa was clean and set out really nice too - it was simple, but a good telly, comfy bed, a nice plunge pool, what more could you ask for?!

The main pool was bliss too, not many kids so it was nice and peaceful too. As the pool looks out onto the beach you get traders trying to sell scarves, sarongs and sometimes food. The fresh corn and coconut guy is fab!! Delicious, and cheap!

Whilst the restaurant set menu is quite limited, the main menu is very full and the food was fab too. Breakfast alos amazing - you name it, they got it! Different event evenings were a bit pricey, but gave us the opportunity to try some new foods whilst having the safety fallback of foods we knew we liked!

Staff were lovely and chatty; took the time to make conversation, ask how our day was, and even remember our regular drinks!!!

Room tip: Rooms with plunge pools are below rooms without, so bear this in mind if you don't want to risk noisy upstairs neighbours. (Although we only heard a bang once!)
Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank Donkey391

Dear Donkey391,

Thank you for the amazing feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you had such a fantastic stay and enjoyed not only the rooms but as well the restaurants and the service of our team.

Our theme nights are priced between 30-60 USD which includes are huge variety of different high quality food delicacies as well as several different entertainment acts. The decoration and setup of those events are actually quite labor intensive therefore we still consider them great value for money. And as you mentioned, it gives you still the opportunity to try new things while having comfort options at your hand.

We would be glad being able serving you your favorite drinks in the future again and are looking forward to that day.