“Resort in Beach Paradise desolation”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Alabaster, Alabama
“Resort in Beach Paradise desolation”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for work which is an irony compared to the vacationers staying here. The resort is about 10 miles from the airport. There is no real town to walk to nor locals like some resorts in other places. Everything you need is in the resort for the most part. Everything is on Bahama time so places close early such as the store and other little shops in the resort.

The rooms I had a was a single type room with a king size bed. Really nice room with microwave, coffee maker and pretty normal size bathroom. There was nothing luxurious about it, but it was simplicity and cleanliness that made it a comfy stay. The AC is automatically set to 74 degrees so you wont be able to make it any cooler, the fan in the room helps keep the room cool.

The beach bar is really nice and has a beautiful view of the white sand powdery beaches. Prices are high, local beer is $6 a bottle which is really expensive. Definitely not for the budget traveler. Food was very decent and the ambiance of live music and beach breeze were great. The best part about it I guess is that it has its quiet look, not big touristy traps and noise like Cancun and such.

If you like simple and want a beach resort to rest and enjoy this is your place. I would recommend getting the better deluxe accommodations which are like mini town homes, much roomier and have views of the marina and beach at a distance. The definite beauty of the Bahamas is there.

Room Tip: Marina View is nice, if you can get a beach view, thats even better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank armyavi8tor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this resort and I must say we were a little concerned prior to our trip with the reviews. The property is dated but our condo was nice. It was clean and comfortable. We had an issue with shower draining in bedroom bath and shower door in downstairs bath not working properly. They were there the next day and fixed all issues. Unusual service for a resort. Very friendly and really wanted to make our stay great. Our condo was overlooking the marina and was a l bedroom. The bedroom was upstairs, a loft with a full bath. On the first level was the kitchen, dining area and living space. There was also a second full bath. The furnishings were somewhat dated, but clean and comfortable. I must comment about the lack of a drapery on the bedroom window upstairs. The lower part of the window had a blind but the upper portion did not. Needless to say, could not sleep very well. Lights at night and sun in the morning.
I was not pleased with the kitchen utensils. They were sparce and some items not in good repair. Some dishes and silverware were not clean and the storage arrangement (silverware in old broken plastic container) I would not use. Simply cleaned the items we were using and stored in glass container. There is no automatic dishwasher, so everything must be done by hand. Kitchen is equipped with microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, full size refrigerator. A big plus is the maid service. This is daily(sheets and towels) and at NO Charge!. (Always leave a tip!) Nor is there a charge for electricity/usage fee for the week, which is very rare at resorts.
This is truly a place to unwind and relax. Everything is within walking distance. Coco Beach Bar was nice. On the beach with a nice bar and food menu. The beaches on this island are absolutely stunning! Traveled to a lot of caribbean islands and the beauty of the water and the sand is by far the best. You can walk quite a distance or bike as we did to other beaches on the island each one is so beautiful. Several days while we were there it was extremely calm and the color of the water really impressive. At coco Beach lounge chairs and umbrellas are free (we tip).
We did a lot of our own cooking but did manage to get to the Tipsy Bar. We went on pizza nite. Very crowded but it was amazing they were able to handle. Tried to go to Spinnakers one night but you have to have a reservation (we did not) and it was a long wait. Florence's Cafe was good. Cinnamon rolls were good as was her breads and pastry. The grocery was adequate to get what we needed as was the convenience store. Keep in mind this is the Bahamas and things are a little expensive. After walking everywhere the first two days we rented bikes. It was a lot of fun and we ended up keeping them for the entire week. We managed to bike all over the area and explored a lot of beaches where we were the only ones there.
Thr Bahama Beach Club is just up the street and their beach bar/restaurant is open to public. We had a great lunch and a couple of beers. The setting is beautiful.
Did take a snorkel trip to Guana. It was a beautiful dive but water was very cold. Even with my wetsuit. I opted not to go in at the second stop.
This was a really nice trip. The airport is really small and when you first turn into the resort you start thinking what are we doing? This was by far one of the nicest trips we have taken. It was different. We didn't rent a car and explore. We were on bikes and it was fun. Very relaxing. We love to snorkel and while there is none on Treasure cay, just beautiful sandy beaches, we would go back.

Room Tip: Our room was right across from the offices and we were able to get internet in our room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bernisuds
fort myers
Reviewed 27 March 2012

we stayed here one night before we went on a trip with the moorings. the rooms are full of mildew. the beach is a short walk from the resort. bought a case of miller lite at the liquor store for the low price of $44.00. the people were nice but the place is very run down. certainly should not be ranked #2 on travslist.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mysearayboat
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was looking for a vacation to unwind and do absolutely nothing. This turned out to be the perfect get away. I have to admit after reading the reviews I was expecting the worst. Everyone have their own opinion and expectations which I can respect, this is my opinion.

The beach is to die for, pure white sand that feel like your walking on flour. The beach is a aqua, sky blue picture perfect. The staff there does an excellent job in maintaining the beach. There is a bar on the beach that serve excellent Grouper Fingers.

My living quarters consisted of a 1 bedroom condo, king size bed and bath upstairs, down stairs kitchen, full bathroom eating area and patio with a view of the marina. it was no five star however it had the 3 C's Clean, Comfortable and Cozy. It had a full kitchen with all the amenities

The Spinnaker restaurant had the best Crab cakes, they were so good I had them several times along with some Johnny cake ( its like a biscuit cornbread) I gained about 5 pounds on that alone. Some say the food in the restaurant was expensive, I thought it was reasonable however I'm a New Yorker. A glass a Red Wine $6 all day, you could barely get that during happy hour at most places.

The cleaning staff there was great and attentive, no complaints there.

Let's talk about the natives, they are the most friendliest and most amazing people I have ever met. I arrived Monday night and left my IPad in the taxi, Mr. Marshal Russell #32 brought it back to me the next morning, AMAZING. If you need to get any where he is the most reliable, honest man cell [--]. On Tuesday I decided to inquire on Golf lessons, so I walked down to the Golf Club and had the opportunity to meet Mr. Ron who manages the Golf Club. It just so happen to be lunch time and he just so happen to be cooking. The next thing I know I was having Lunch ( Fried Red Snapper with some Grits) with Mr. Ron and a few others engaged in great conversation. They made me feel like I knew and grew up with them, needless to say I was there everyday for lunch and completely forgot about my Golf Lessons. I have to say there is no restaurant better than Mr. Ron cooking.

In the morning before the beach I went to Mrs. Flo's reastaruant. A small family owned establishment where all the locals gather and seem to discuss politics ( I'm now well versed in the Bahamian politics but I will keep my opinion to my self). Mrs. Flo make the best home made cinnamon buns everyday they just melt in your mouth ( another 5lbs).

Mr. fletch ( not sure about the spelling). The General Manager for the Resort is the most pleasant and kind man. He makes it his businnes to know his guest I was very impressed that he remembered my name. He is a manager that work just as much as his staff I don't think he ever sleeps.

I also had the opportunity to go to the Treasure Sands Club its not on the resort it's a little further down about 5 mins away. This is a new and upcoming restaurant/ club. It has the look and feel of Miami South Beach, however your on the Perfect Treasure Cay Beach the best of both worlds. I highly recommend this, check out their face book page. They are looking to build a hotel there as well, I will be their first guest. Thank you Vincent and Tim for taking the time out to talk to me I wish much success.

The only downside is the supermarket, its extremely expensive, it was cheaper for me to eat out than to buy groceries and cook. A bag of Wise potatoe Chips $6.29, a small loaf of bread $4.99. I'm so glad that I brought my Starbucks Via instant coffee. You will come out cheaper to pay for an extra checked bag and bring your own food than to purchase. I spent $57 and had 2 shopping bags which included a gallon of water.

Overall I had a great experience and felt like I made some friends, before I knew it it was time for me to go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Danayjohnson
Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed at this resort for 3 days in late February.

The hotel was totally comfortable, everything you could possibly need was right there. The staff was friendly. Our room was facing the marina - apparently very important because these are the better rooms. It was a decent size, fairly dated, but clean and comfortable. Anything we were missing we just asked reception and had no issues. We loved Coco Beach Bar, great lunches for $10-$14...seriously beautiful location right on the beach. Staff at the Tipsy seagull really friendly too, with a nice atmosphere. Grocery store, convenience store, liquor store, coffee shop, bike and cart rentals - everything was within a three minute walk from our room.

There were very few people there, must be the time of year, but for the first time in my history of vacationing I had zero problems getting a lounge chair under an umbrella at any time of the day!

The whole setting was beautiful - amazing beach, marina with boats coming and going. At night a zillion stars. We really fell in love with the slow, laid back vibe of Treasure Cay....so much so that we are now buying a condo there and hope to return every summer with our kids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
The Abaco Club
#2 of 6 in Marsh Harbour
12.8 km away
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
13.3 km away
Green Turtle Club & Marina
Green Turtle Club & Marina
#2 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!