“Family catchup”

The Haughmond
Price range: USD 13 - USD 45
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning bar & restaurant, rooms and village store complete this modern coaching inn. Serving great food of local provenance with passion, whilst also offering an interesting wine list, specialist gin menu and great real ales. 7 course 'Tastes of The Haughmond' menu is available alongside a seasonal A La Carte menu, Tuesday to Saturday lunch and dinner. (Please note no food served on Mondays) On Friday and Saturdays from 3pm we serve Afternoon Tea and on Sundays its just a great lunch served 12 til 5pm! Located just off Shrewsbury's beaten track in the village of Upton Magna. A visit is a must! Booking strongly recommended...
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really lovely lunch, we were sat in a little private conservatory which was perfect for us as we didn't feel that we had to be quite etc. We laughed had great food and amazing service thank you x we not only have booked my works X as do there on the 20 th Dec but my partner and I have decided to go back for our special Christmas night out xi

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Fiona S

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sunday lunch is very good. Function room and large barn function room are well decorated for events. Lovely rooms. Very good menu.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Three of us decided to revisit the Haughmond for an evening meal Having a gin and tonic each for a pre meal drink,we were shown to our table for the evening we opted each to have the taster menu acccompanied by the wine flight .From start to finish the food and wine was of excellent quality,taste and presentation worthy of any Michelin star The staff are friendly knowledgeable and efficient.Fantastic food at a great place

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank KevinF236
Reviewed 4 November 2018

My daughter and son in law have just moved into the area and took me out for a meal to The Haughmond when I went to stay with them for a short break. We had a very enjoyable meal. Couldn't have been any nicer. Will visit again on my next visit to Shrewsbury. My daughter and son in law are eating at The Haughmond this evening.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed probably the best food we have ever eaten in a country hotel. We didn't even bother to look anywhere else! Excellent.

Date of visit: October 2018
elliotcraen, General Manager at The Haughmond, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Robert S

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Haughmond, I've passed your compliments on to the kitchen team who were very happy to hear them.

It was a pleasure to look after you during your time here. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards