sunset at the infinity pool
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
sunset at the infinity pool
the gate to enter the driveway to VDL
take the stairs UP to the loft area that has 2 twin beds
view of the pool below from the roof
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
672roxann...
“No water, no compensation.”
Reviewed 19 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The villa and the view are really beautiful. We were impressed with the beach where you are completely alone. We were nine in the villa, there was enough room for everyone.

Major negative points:
- we ran out of water during 3 of the 7 days we were there, and the landloard never contacted us to apologize. We had to deal with the villa's employees that only spoke Spanish. The brother and father of the manager came, but she never came back after our arrival. We were really pissed because not having access to working toilets for 20 hours in one day, 7 hours in another day and 3 for the other day always on rush hour with 9 people in the villa is unacceptable and unhealthy. With all that, we could not complain to anyone that would help us speaking to the landloard for a complaint.
- there was no climatised air in one of the room (which was promised upon reservation).

Coming back to Quebec, we tried complaining and the landloard only gave us a 100$ credit for future rent with their company... like we want to go back after all this!!!! The landloard said we did not complain while we were there that is why she can't do anything.

Beware of this location!!!!

Management Response
22 Feb 2017
To Roxanne and anyone who reads this with the intent to book Villa De Linda in the future, I would like to make you aware of the entire experience. During the check in process with Ms. Roxanne and her group I mentioned my cell phone number was to be used for anything they might need, booking tours, emergency services etc. When I mentioned using my number, they acknowledged this and said they would call me if they needed anything. The next morning, they had had problems with the stove top cooking too slowly. To which they complained about it to the neighbor instead of calling me directly. Thankfully the neighbor informed me of the problem and so did my staff, who yes speak Spanish because Costa Rica is a Spanish speaking country. Within hours my business partners replaced the entire stove top system, because we did not want them to be inconvenienced. Following this the group had totaled their rental vehicle after crossing a river to which they called my cell phone in a panic and both Zak and myself helped them with this problem, Zak even made sure go by the house to speak with them about it and helped them with his own tools. This is not something property managers have to do, but we wanted to help them. When the water problems began, we were made aware of the problem by our employee not by the group renting the home. In fact, upon our review of the home we found it discouraging to find a hand-written note from someone on the welcome packet of information I provided them, stating “Do not tell Zak about the water issues until tomorrow” Because of this, time passed allowing the pump to burnt out entirely, costing the home owner $2,000.00 in replacement costs. I physically spent time with Roxanne and her group of people in San Juanillo after a trip they had taken, I asked how things were going and not one person mentioned having such extreme problems with anything when I was in their company. The night before they left, they did call to complain about the water and both Zak and Michael came right away to fix the problem. They worked on the issue from 5pm – 11 pm, along with two other staff members and got it working for Roxanne that night, so her group could shower before their return flight the next day. I’d like to also state that each morning I was on the property to bring our house maid, Wendy, fresh fruit and Zak was on the property almost every day overseeing the work being done by our staff. We were both on the property at 11pm the night we worked on the pump for 5 hours. I do believe the group’s lack of communication is the reason for their upset. Even on the day they were to check out, I arrived at the property at 8:15 that morning to do our routine damage check and they had left without warning. It is standard practice to check the home and make sure nothing is damaged before a check out and although there weren’t major issues, a wine glass was broken and it would have been courteous to know it had been broken. I am admitting there were issues with the water and I do apologize for their inconveniences, however I strongly believe it was not due to lack of trying to help them when problems arouse, it was due to a lack of communication by the group of guests and Roxanne. Had someone in the group spoken with me directly, I would have offered a full refund.
Jessica Lannon
Vice President of BBPM Management for Villa De Linda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing