Lowest prices for your stay
USD 228
Free cancellation until 18/12/21
Agoda.com
USD 217
Free cancellation until 15/12/21
Priceline
USD 83
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.comUSD 250
eDreamsUSD 250
Orbitz.comUSD 228
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Lovely surroundings. Good selection of Japanese as well as Western food. Nice lounge. OK onsen (the outdoor part was functional without having pretty views).

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyce l
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Our family of three stead at this resort hotel over Christmas 2011/12. We found all staff to be unfailingly polite, despite language difficulties. The restaurants were varied in style and price. For us, with a vegetarian and a 6 year old in our group, we found the onsite Izakaya, and also the bakery, best suited. The food, particularly at the Izakaya, was beautiful. Cost wise, is wasn't cheap, but this was anticipated as we were in the ski fields. I read a previous comment regarding tattoos and the onsen. As an individual with ink, I chose discretion to be the best tactic. My husband stated that he saw heavily inked Japanese men in the male baths. As a final word on this subject, as with traveling anywhere, if you don't like the rules, don't go there, and certainly don't whine about it after the event. Investigating local custom prior to travel ensures that your behavior is in tune with the way people live. I would also like to recommend Scott Tovey, the international bookings and sales manager, who is often at the hotel. Scott was very helpful in answering all our questions, gave us his mobile in case we required his services on a day off, and had many wonderful suggestions for local touring whilst in the Furano are. I hope Furano stays as wonderful as it is. A true family destination, this hotel had it all. We will definitely return.

Room tip: Ask for village view; the volcano and town is more interesting than the ski slopes.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My partner and I travelled to New Furano Prince hotel. Our room was meant to be a double and when we arrived it was 2 separate single beds. Thats fine, mistakes happen, but it is what you do about these mistakes that matters. The staff at the New Furano Prince Hotel, did nothing, offered no alternative, no assistance to join the beds, no apology! The staff were rude and extremely unhelpful in all sections of the hotel, including lobby shop, resturants, ski school and on the slopes also. Japan itself is amazing, however the only good thing I could say about New Furano Prince Hotel is its location.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank B L
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My family and myself recently booked a 5 night stay at the Prince Hotel, New Furano on Hokkaido island, Japan, for a ski holiday. We checked out after only one night and moved to the Hilton Hotel in Niseko.

The Prince Hotel is badly managed and staffed and is quite unacceptable to western standards. The room smelt of damp, the food in the restaurant was disgusting, (even though my whole family eat Japanese quite regularly), and the restaurant prices were exorbitant.

The Prince Hotel also has a sign in the hot springs (onsen), that reads, "Bathing is prohibited for people who are intoxicated, members of crime syndicates, or people who have tattoos or fashion tattoos." I explained to their management that a very large percentage of western people have fashion tattoos and that their sign was insulting and discriminatory and should be removed immediately. I also found out later that it was illegal.

However they chose not to comply and as I have had tattoos on my arms that have been there for 50 years, I checked out of the Prince Hotel the next day and moved to the Niseko resort where no such antiquated or rude policy exists. One full day was wasted of our holiday. Our booking agent Ski Japan agreed completely with our stand on this matter. We won't be suggesting any Australians travel to Furano Resort in Hokkaido.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank JianM
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights after Xmas. This is a japanese chain so the rooms are very basic even after an upgrade. The beds are also on the hardside.

What I really liked about this hotel in the winter is the location next to ski lifts and the snow school within its premises. We did not intend to ski but we decided to anyway given the convenience of ski lockers, rental and a snow school at the door step.

They also provided a free daily direct shuttle fm Sapporo and Chitose Airport.

What made it standout in winter was the snow playland (which has a cool ice bar!) and the ningleterrace light up. Think of a quaint wood cabins dressed up with xmas lights and nestled among birch trees heavy with snow. We spent many hours in the coffee shop and in Soh's bar which is the bar with the best forest view.

Date of stay: December 2011