All reviews the river rios ecuador great experience cabin roomy scenery
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Huasquila was a cool spot. The food was a lot better than I expected, and it was great having them arrange all our activities without us planning anything. White water rafting, caving, etc. was all great. We also had our own lodge with a patio, which was a great spot to hang out. It's nice that Huasquila offers private car transfers to and from the lodge. It's a pretty isolated location, so I'd definitely recommend the private transfer. The only note: If you don't speak Spanish, you might have to work hard to communicate with everyone who works at the lodge.

Stayed: August 2016
bapvh, Propietario at Huasquila Amazon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Huasquila Lodge and the activities we offer! Our staff is eager to learn english and they are practicing hard with different online programs. However this is still a challange...All the best and we hope to have you back one day!
Bastienne

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I absolutely loved my stay at Huasquila Amazon Lodge. This luxurious lodge was perfect for what my fiancé and I wanted. Being far away from big cities, the location was a treat for a weekend getaway. The air was fresh and clean and colorful amazon birds could be seen by the pond and outside our cabin window.

The lodge has plenty of activities that you can choose on based on what you are looking for. You can go on hikes that leave directly from the lodge, white-water rafting, and chocolate tours at Karai.

The staff at Huasquila is the nicest of any staff I've ever personally experienced from any other hotel. They truly want to give you the best time of your life and are so accommodating. For example, when my fiancé and I really wanted to do the chocolate tour but realized that they were closed on Sunday and that was our last day, the staff accommodated us by offering us a personal session with one of their employees to show us how to make chocolate. I was so excited to learn how to make chocolate and the experience learning how to make it by hand was unforgettable! After it was made, we got to dip it into strawberries and bananas to taste it. It was the best chocolate i've ever had in my life.

I can't wait to go back to this Amazon Lodge once I have more time to stay longer than such a weekend to enjoy everything else they have to offer. I highly recommend staying in this lodge during your time in Ecuador.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I slept very well listening to the sounds of the night and feeling the cool breeze. The staff were very accommodating and cordial. I've not had better food or service at mealtime. As a matter of fact, I would say the food was fantastic. The ingredients were local, fresh, diverse, and prepared perfectly. Probably was the healthiest I've eaten in my life and plenty of it.
Nearby is the Antisana Reserve and the beautiful Rio Misahualli. The diverse local flora and fauna offered many photographic opportunities along with a gorgeous backdrop. I'm definitely headed back soon.

Room Tip: Go with the bungalows.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin S
bapvh, Propietario at Huasquila Amazon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your great review and positing the amazing drone video of the surroundings of Huasquila on Facebook! Looking forward to having you back in September!

See you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Stayed here three nights. Rustic, not fancy but very clean and functional. Was greeted at check-in by the owner who attended all of our needs & questions. Bungalow was decent size, large but simple bathroom. Nice swimming pool area to relax by. Food was great and plentiful. I will repeat this is not a fancy place to relax at, it is a lodge in the jungle that serves as a base camp for jungle adventures. Well managed and highly recommended.

Room Tip: we had bungalow 13 - nice & quite
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Huasquila!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We visited in April 2016 with my partner and his grandparents. The accommodation was very clean and comfortable. The huts had a lot of privacy and made you feel like you were part of the rainforest. Each hut at a relaxing hammock and the front of each property did not face each other giving you the feeling that you were peacefully isolated in the rainforest.

The food at every meal was locally sourced, delicious and large in portion. We thoroughly enjoyed every meal and the fresh juice provided. We always looked forward to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mayra the chef was excellent and very attentive as was Saul.

The best part of our holiday was going on the rainforest walks. As we went in low season we were the only guests. Pedro was a fantastic tour guide his english was excellent, he was very knowledgeable and taught us so much about how the tribes live. The walk was very educational. Rafael was also an excellent guide very passionate about his culture. The stories of history, culture and life in the rainforest is something I have taken home to my family and friends in London.

The lodge made us feel at home and the staff went over and above what was expected. We sought to purchase cocoa beans and they were able to deliver this the morning of our departure. They were also able to offer and accommodate tours other than rainforest for guests who did not want to participate in long and challenging walks.

Huasquila lodge is the perfect place to get away from the busy city life and to take a moment to be at one with nature. I would definitely return to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your time at Huasquila with Mayra, Saul and Lenin!
We would love to have you back one day!

All the best,