All reviews deluxe villa pizza private pool welcome drink separate toilet years living local staff italian food main pool main town island hopping island tour high tide other guests great food ocean view pierre
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Great resort! Rooms are top notch and service is very good. One of the best resorts in Sairgo. The pizza's here are the best on the island. Woodfired brickoven pizzas. Had their pizzas 2 nights straight. Looking forward to it again on my next visit.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jedd187
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights and would recommend it to anyone going to Siargao. The only draw back is the price is just a bit higher than the other resorts around the area but it defenitly is worth it.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband spent 3N and 4D at their villa. A relaxing and true peacefull experience..owner Mr Fred is pleasant and nice. The restaurant waitress and room cleaners are professional and nice. Food is the best in the island (try the sandwiches and baguette!!!) (5 claps for the chef)

The place is a real beautiful creation. =)

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cvdevent
Reviewed 31 May 2016

My best friends and I stayed at Kalinaw for 3D and 2N as our last hurrah for the summer. We got the pool villa which is huge -- it has two toilets and baths, and two huge beds. Each bathroom has its own extra charm. The two sides of the villa is just divided by sliding panels so those getting this villa should be okay with being in close contact at all times with the rest of their group.

The resort is right in front of the ocean but you cannot really swim in it. However, they have a lovely pool with lounge chairs to compensate. We would usually swim in the main pool while the sun is out and retire to our villa's pool to cool off.

What we loved about it is that everything is so beautifully designed, you can tell how much effort was put into the place -- from the villas to every part of the resort. It is well kept and allows everyone their privacy.

The food in this resort however is great and surprisingly not expensive considering the quality of food you get. First off thought, their breakfast is not buffet -- I know that many have a preference to this. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed what they had to offer for breakfast. You get to choose from a selection of fresh juices, and your preference of either brewed coffee, espresso or tea. They then give your freshly baked baguette which is by far the best I have ever tasted in all my travels, together with homemade mango jam and french butter. I could have stuffed my face silly for days with their bread. Then they give you additional choices on the main part of your breakfast.

The serve thin crust brick oven pizza -- and boy, when they say thin crust... they mean it! I must commend their kitchen staff for our happy tummies. All the food that we ordered was great! From their pizza to their pasta (which was perfectly al dente) to the fresh seafood (check out their specials menu to see what the fresh catch of the day is!) and their simply amazing seafood risotto!

The staff's resort was friendly and very accommodating. Everyone spoke English so well and they were eager to answer any questions we may have.

All in all, it was an amazing trip and we were all so glad we chose Kalinaw! We cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Francesca V
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

My family and I spent 6 nights at this beautiful looking Hotel. The resort offered a large amount of activities that were all great! The hotel was very spacious and calm, which is perfect for a relaxing holiday.
This hotel is near Cloud 9 (3mins by motorcycle) which is very convenient for surfers. The resort also offers great surf instructors that are really helpful for beginners.
The restaurant had some of the best food you can find in the Philippines,it came out very fast, and looked just like it tasted... DELICIOUS! The staff was very nice, pleasant and helpful in every way.
The rooms had a magnificent design and were very clean! We did not find a single insect in our room which was enjoyable .
The room also had a lot of space, which was great. The bed and the couches were all extremely comfortable and relaxing.
The hotel had an outstanding internet connection in the villas as well as in the restaurant. I was able to go on facebook, youtube, etc... Very easily at a high speed.
To conclude, this was a great resort and a unforgettable Siargao experience at Kalinaw.

Date of stay: May 2016