All reviews deluxe villa pizza private pool welcome drink separate toilet years living local staff italian food main pool main town island hopping island tour high tide other guests great food ocean view pierre
Reviewed 21 March 2016

We really enjoyed the experience. In general Siargao is one of the nicest islands I have visited in the Philippines, very green and untouched with friendly locals that are not waiting to exploit you. The resort is a great place with beautifully done spacious villas, top-notch restaurant which deserves it's own review and great pool area. Actually if I ever build a house that's the pool I would like to have - so tastefully done. Staff is very helpful and fast. My friend left her two dresses and realized this after we landed in Cebu already and they actually shipped them all the way to Manila in a day.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Elena M
Reviewed 2 March 2016

The only five villas keep this resort quiet and charming, perfect to relax, even with kids.
The villas are nice and well maintained , service is excellent and Fred and Alex make sure you get everything you which for. They organise excursions , transportation, picnic (luxurious) when you go island hopping, always with a smile, like the nice waitresses.
The beach is a little rocky, but with water shoes at high tide, you can easily swim.
I preferred the pool, salty water with a vue to a kill.
The restaurant offers daily specials , everything we tried was tasty and very fresh. I highly recommend this resort.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Kalinaw is my new happy place. Fred and Pierre have held true to a vision of a well designed, effortless, and luxurious tropical experience.
The details are what make the difference and I suspect you only get this in an owner operated business where there is a passion for getting it right for the guests.
The villas are stylish and generous, large bathroom and outdoor terraces. Plenty of power points, wifi is good, mosquito repellant devices are installed.
You can get real coffee. The changing blackboard menu offers plenty of fresh seafood options and I recommend you select from there rather than the a la carte - though that all looks yummy too.
Staff are attentive and friendly without being obsequious. The other guests clearly also value the experience Kalinaw providing the option of socialising or privacy whatever your preference.
I will be back.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sally H
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We just got back from Siargao and we are already looking forward to our next visit to the island. Kalinaw is a boutique resort with just 5 villas. We were a group of 4 and stayed in two villas (villa #3 and 4) for 3 nights. The villas were huge and designed with the guests in mind - it was all beautifully well laid out. We all loved the greens surrounding each villa that provides privacy and very relaxing atmosphere.

If you want a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle, this is the place to stay. If you're in Siargao to surf, this can also be a good base camp to relax after a day of surfing or island hopping. They do not have a spa but they can get a masseuse for you for 900 pesos

The food was delicious, esp the pizza, gnocchi and the ceviche. They have good selection of french wines too. If you want cheaper dining options, just take a "habal-habal" for 20 pesos and it can take you to cloud 9 or general luna restos. Kermit cafe is another good place for pizzas.

Chichi, Pam, Nene and the rest of the staff were very helpful during our stay. Kudos to the owners Pierre and Fred for training them well and maintaining the place.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank tur1sta
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

I spent one full week with my 10 year old son in this WONDERFUL island and WONDERFUL Resort & Restaurant

Everything was exceptional. The location. The cabanas. Unique refined design. Super clean. Air con. A fantastic deck w the ocean view.

The whole crew is key part of the experience. Always on top of details. Smiling. Ready to help.

Food in the place is of another world. Last night I felt obliged to show up in the kitchen and say congratulations and thanks. Everything in the menu is exceptionally done. Including the drinks. I recommend those at the pool

I just say thank you for an unforgettable week

Date of stay: July 2015