All reviews deluxe villa pizza private pool welcome drink separate toilet years living local staff italian food main pool main town island hopping island tour high tide other guests great food ocean view pierre
Reviewed 13 April 2015

A absolutely wonderful resort and location. Siargo is wonderful. Resort has new road opened up behind it and traffic noise is a problem, however I'm assured by owners that noise insulation to huts is planned.

Food is really special

Room tip: only 5 huts, book early
Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 11 April 2015

We visited Kalinaw several times for their wonderful Italian pasta's
and woodfired pizza's.
The restaurant is located right at the beach, so great venue for a sun downer before
dinner, while the children play around on the beach.
Each meal was great. High recommend to anyone visiting Siargao and
wanting Italian food.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank 345jans
Reviewed 27 December 2014

For the first time in my life, i lost track of time because i was completely indulge in the beauty of the Island and the resort. Staff was fabulous, took us on an island hopping to Naked Island and Daku Island, had a picnic for us. Walking distance to Cloud 9. The pool was awesome and the food at the restaurant was amazing. Restaurant was very popular to the locals and to other visitors from other resorts. I cannot wait to come back....Thank you Joie and Fred for your hospitality.

Room tip: If its a big family - more than 4 pax ask for the larger suite, it has a pool on the veranda.
Date of stay: June 2014
4  Thank lifeinflipflops2014
Reviewed 18 December 2014

My girlfriend and I spent two weeks in Kalinaw resort in October 2014 and everything was PERFECT.
From the breakfast to the bungalow, to the view and chill area on the private beach…. We´ve had an absolute blast!

I have been to many hotels and resorts on the island, as I am going to Siargao very often to surf but I am happy to say that I have finally found my home on the island.
They have the best beach front of General Luna and are only 1mn away from Cloud 9…. The resort itself is beautiful and the swimming pool perfection!
My girlfriend who does not surf was happy to stay there while I was away… which was more than convenient for both of us... :)

It´s a boutique resort so you wont be annoyed by a hord of tourists once in Kalinaw. it´s all about relaxing in a peaceful paradise.

On top of that, Fred and Pierre, the two owners/managers are super cool and have been long enough on the island to help you with anything you need.

I cannot recommend this place enough!

See you very soon Kalinaw.
Rapha

Room tip: The shower of the bungalow #3 is amazing :)
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ralf_64190
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent 4 days here after touring Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok, so it was JUST what the Dr. ordered- peace and quiet, fabulous food & such warm and welcoming staff and hosts, Pierre & Fred. We were 2 families with 3 kids and spent one day out on a fishing boat which took us to 3 islands and our own beach picnic (see pics). Nini, one of the hotel staff, was our guide and we had so much fun together. We highly recommend this day during your stay. the next day we rented motorcycles to go see the Lagoon at low tide. It's a nice ride to see the island and they were easy to use. The concierge, Chichi was also fantastic and checked in with us several times throughout the day. We ate exclusively at the property because it was so delicious and easy. The best!! Our boys also surfed at Cloud 9 with 2 guides- which was very low-key for all the novices out there. My friend who lives in Manila is already planning their next stay! We live in MN, so it may be awhile :). we absolutely loved our stay and know you will too! Thank you to all at Kalinaw!!! we miss you.

Room tip: There are 5 -villas. one has its own pool, which isn't really necessary unless you want complete privacy. the infinity pool is lovely and we were the only ones there..
Date of stay: June 2014