All reviews comfortable beds excellent stay beautiful room shower room local pub fantastic location oyster inn sally breakfast isles oban loch accommodation facilities hosts
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The Ronhebal Guest House accommodated me with the convenience of its location, an excellent morning breakfast and a room that had an amazing view of the sun setting over Loch Etive. My single bed room was more than adequate and was equipped with a tv, available coffee/tea and Wi-Fi was available throughout the house. All areas of the home are super clean and is decorated with various beautiful pieces of framed art.

Sally and John went above and beyond to give me exactly what I was looking for. They offered me hiking guides and maps because of my interests and kindly lent me their bicycle/helmet to cycle over and around North Connel. They were very engaging in every way and it is easy to say, that I felt we could immediately be friends. John was more than helpful in communicating with me and staying in touch when I needed info and was very flexible on my arrival time. I liked that the home is close enough that you can take a train/bus ride to Oban. In fact, I stayed in Oban but truly found what I was looking for when I ended up in the Ronhebal Guest House. I would definitely stay here again and would want to share the wonderful experience I had with loved ones.

Kudos to John and Sally, thanks so much for your lovely accommodations and great services!

Room Tip: The single room was quiet, private, secure and had beautiful views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
John W, Owner at Ronebhal Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thanks Bette Ann for your lovely review!
We are both so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure to share our guest house with you.
Look forward to seeing you again if you are ever back this way.
Hope your trip back to the US was smooth and ontime!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We loved our stay at Rhonebhal. John and Sally were extremely welcoming and friendly. This is a fantastic location for a stop off on the way to the Isles, or to explore Oban. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Both the dining room and guest sitting room have fantastic views of the bay. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms to front of house have great views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
John W, Owner at Ronebhal Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the lovely review!
Hope to see you again next time you are in the area!
Best wishes, John & Sally.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

After a 12 hour drive from Somerset with my partner, a night at Ronebhal was just what we needed. The room we stayed in was superbly clean, had lovely crisp linen a fantastic view of Mull. After a fantastic nights sleep, a fresh breakfast made from local produce set us up a long drive to Skye. John and Sally were fantastic hosts and made us feel welcome. I have already booked next years stay here and would strongly recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
John W, Owner at Ronebhal Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate all feedback.
Look forward to catching up again next year!!
Thanks, -John & Sally.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A super B&B just outside of Oban so very convenient for an overnight prior to catching a ferry to one of the islands. The hospitality was excellent as was the breakfast that set us up nicely for the day. The room had everything we needed.
There was a good pub (listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide) just 200m away that did good pub food but also had a restaurant.
We would use this B&B again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the sea - what a view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Ronebhal a superb guest house with a very welcoming atmosphere,our room was warm and comfortable,the breakfast was superb perfectly cooked and plenty of it.Our host Shirley made us feel very at ease and was happy to chat and give Information to all the guests,we were on our tenth wedding anniversary,our stay at Ronebhal was a perfect start to our trip.
We wish Shirley and her Family all the best for the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple