All reviews homemade granola excellent stay quiet at night comfortable beds beautiful room oyster inn shower room fantastic location local pub sally ferry mull isles binoculars host loch accommodation
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

After a 12 hour drive from Somerset with my partner, a night at Ronebhal was just what we needed. The room we stayed in was superbly clean, had lovely crisp linen a fantastic view of Mull. After a fantastic nights sleep, a fresh breakfast made from local produce set us up a long drive to Skye. John and Sally were fantastic hosts and made us feel welcome. I have already booked next years stay here and would strongly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
John W, Owner at Ronebhal Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate all feedback.
Look forward to catching up again next year!!
Thanks, -John & Sally.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A super B&B just outside of Oban so very convenient for an overnight prior to catching a ferry to one of the islands. The hospitality was excellent as was the breakfast that set us up nicely for the day. The room had everything we needed.
There was a good pub (listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide) just 200m away that did good pub food but also had a restaurant.
We would use this B&B again.

Room tip: Try to get a room overlooking the sea - what a view!
Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Ronebhal a superb guest house with a very welcoming atmosphere,our room was warm and comfortable,the breakfast was superb perfectly cooked and plenty of it.Our host Shirley made us feel very at ease and was happy to chat and give Information to all the guests,we were on our tenth wedding anniversary,our stay at Ronebhal was a perfect start to our trip.
We wish Shirley and her Family all the best for the future.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Shirley was friendly and efficient. The breakfast was perfectly cooked. My first floor single room had a beautiful sea view. I had a dedicated shower room which was on the ground floor. I was pleased to find a b and b where the single room was not more expensive pppn than the double/twin rooms - I think it was in fact slightly cheaper, perhaps on account of the shower room not being en suite. The Glue Pot inn almost next door seved very good meals. If I return to the Oban area, I would try to get into this b and b again.

Room tip: see above comments on single room
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dianajanebell
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This Guest house (as opposed to a b&b) was conveniently placed near Connel Bridge not far from Oban. We requested a ground floor room as my wife has difficulty climbing stairs. The room was a disappointment. Although not modern it appeared clean. However it smelled unpleasant due we think, to the carpet? I have slept in better beds and the view due to it being at the rear of the property was of a nearby wall so a bit dingy and no view of the Falls of Laura.
The house was well kept and breakfast alright but again not great.
Owner was nice but 'would I use this place again?' No, especially as it wasn't cheap.

Room tip: Avoid ground floor.
Date of stay: July 2013