All reviews sea view mini fridge plenty of choice the bus continental breakfast per day air conditioning bars and restaurants bus service kept spotlessly clean bit dated cleaned every day plenty of hot water croissants basic hotel sea front pleasant hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was clean but the facilities are tired. The staff were wonderful especially Christine in the dining room and Josue in reception.
The food was adequate with the homemade soups at lunch & dinner my favourite choices. The packed lunches were poor, I’d rather have had half board and found somewhere to eat on our days out.
Our room was at the back with a balcony overlooking the promenade which was great for a daily walk. Lots of restaurants and bars both ways from the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2018

The Elimar gets 5 stars for its location alone. Right on the seafront with a good beach and excellent very long promenade.All the staff were brilliant from check in to check out and spoke good English. My wife and I stayed a week from 22nd September.We had booked a sea view room which was worth every penny.Sea view rooms are at the back of the hotel and the balcony gets the sun all day long.The rooms at the front of the hotel overlook the road through Rincon and have views of the distant mountains but get no sun.

The room was a good size with a large wardrobe,flat screen tv, and two single beds pushed together.Some may consider the mattress a little firm but it was no problem to us.An in room safe is provided at a cost of 1.5 euros a day.Air conditioning is also provided and is free.The spacious balcony overlooks the sea with amazing views.The bathroom is adequate with a shower and a tiny bath,sink,toilet and bidet.The water was always hot and powerful.The room was kept spotless all week.
There is no kettle so bring your own.
The hotel restaurant is lovely and has lovely sea views..Breakfast is typically continental but the juice is fresh and so is the produce.A good selection of cold meats,cheese and croissants are provided.We only had breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment on lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is fine with very good sevice as is the outside bar
If you exit the hotel at the front and turn left it will lead you to the many shops,bars and restaurants on the main street.If you exit the hotel from the back and turn right it will lead you to plenty of bars and restaurants on the seafront.There are some that show the menu in english as well as Spanish.We did tend to favour Katwyi a geek resraurant,Chino Paraiso a chineese resteraunt and La Noras.All served excellent food and were reasonably priced around 25 euros for 2 meals and a couple of drinks..All three are very close together and around a 15 minute walk from the hotel just past Burger King.

Buses to Malaga run every 30 minutes are cheap and its a half hour ride.Bus stops are on the road at the front of the hotel.

Temperatures were in the late thirties all week so the air con was very handy .

The Elemar has its own sunbeds and cost 8 euros for two.Beach towels are included.If you don't want to pay for the sunbeds you can hire beach towels from reception for 1.5 euros
All in all superb week and we will certainly be back at the Elmar in the not too distant future.

Room tip: Sea view rooms are well worth the extra cost.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank john p
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Elimar for four nights and half day recently and I concur with fellow reviewers that it’s location is unbeatable: snap bang in front of the beach overlooking the Alboran Sea on one side and the sleepy, chilled-out town of Rincón de la Victoria on the other.
The staff were very accommodating despite the language barrier.
The food, on the other hand, was terrible! There wasn’t enough at breakfast time and wasn’t replenished. The food served at lunch and dinner were not heated properly (the pasta smelt rotten) and my husband found a fly in the salad dish!
From then on, we ate outside although we had taken a full board option.
The air conditioner wasn’t working properly but when we complained about this, they had it fixed the very next morning.
Like I said, the staff were very helpful and tried their best to make our stay comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have stayed at the Elimar many times but the last visit was not happy. The Hotel was not as clean as expected , my room was not cleaned to my expectations. The buffet style food was terrible , all cold and they seem to have down staffed. Some of the bar staff who have been there for a long time were just as efficient as ever. The normally business terrace seemed to empty most evenings and I felt like the only guest. The big down is that they now seem to be taking one night only coach tours which in my experience seems always to be the end of a Hotel in reality. A coach turned up twice during my stay quite late and stripped the buffet in short order, it was terrible same again at breakfast, no bread left one morning. i started to go our for breakfast. The one night stops must really make the chamber maids fed up and I think this has spread to others. I will not stop again . I love Rincon but i can get a better deal at another Hotel or self cater

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 362Prydderch
RecepcionElimar, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Elimar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to read your comment as all the staff strives daily to make the stay of the guests as pleasant as possible. However, we communicate it to all the departments so that they are aware and can continue to improve. Comment that the operation of the hotel has not changed and we have always had groups but perhaps in your last stays have not coincided.
Very grateful for your accommodation in our hotel and we hope to see you again to try to correct the bad mouth with which you have left.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2018

This hotel is tired looking but the position is unbeatable. It is always clean.
We had a problem with smelling smoke in our room but they did all they could to solve the problem. The soundproofing in the rooms is good.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing us again to spend your vacation days and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you for the sixth time.

Best regards