We stayed 3 nights & nearly left after 2 because of all the mishaps & general discomfort. The apartment is old & although originally advertised as beach 'front', is actually one street back.
1. Located 1 min from large beach & main nightlife
2. Property agent kindly gave us a lift from our previous location a mile away
1. Numerous problems with plumbing; no cold water in shower room sink; flush broke on second day, so had to use bucket to flush for 2 days; shower hose burst on second day; tap in kitchen flew off on third day
2. Damp on exterior and interior of cupboard in kitchen; musty smell & generally not very hygienic
3. Cockroaches; we caught one & saw 2 others in the kitchen
4. Only 2 ceiling fans (not particularly effective) & 2 standing fans; this was not enough to give comfortable ventilation for our family of 4 during the August heat (there is no air-con)
5. Not a particularly spacious apartment; it's advertised to sleep 6, but as a family of 4 (2 young children) it felt quite cramped; the shower room is a tight squeeze, which quickly becomes tiresome
The advertised owner on Tripadvisor is an agent, who only deals with bookings & handovers. So when we asked for another fan, she said this would take time to go through the owner. No good to us for a short stay.
During our 13 day trip in Spain this was the only time we felt uncomfortable in all of our 6 apartments/hotels. It was stressful having to worry about things going wrong & trying to get to sleep in the stale heat.
Whilst the agent made some apologies, there was also the response that we were the only guests to complain. Not what we wanted to hear, not helpful.
Overall given the price, it is offers poor value for money. It might be fine if you're not too bothered about a decent standard of accommodation & just want to spend time at the beach & partying at night.
Thankfully we were not asked to pay the advertised security deposit upfront. Would this have been withheld to fix problems that were not our fault?
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|