USD 169
Hotel North(North Sydney)
USD 143
USD 124
USD 96
The Clansman Motel(North Sydney)
USD 109
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Top of the mountain! Stayed only one night, and we were the only people there. Rooms were clean and freshly painted. The shared kitchen had everything we needed. The owners are extremely helpful!! They have done a lot of renovation, and have more planned. We made a fire and got some of our best photos from their front picnic table. Go there and stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JKtor
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A decent spot to spend a night - very chilled out. You can basically just walk in and have a look around, and if you like it, throw your bag in the room and it's yours. Bring your own cutlery and crockery as it's not super well equipped.

The managers come around in the evening to see who is staying there and collect the room fee. Free Wifi too. Same price as the cabins down at the campground, however in the lodge you get a bed (with bedding), kitchen, more space etc. It's a no brainer.

Room Tip: Email ahead if you want one of the upstairs rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We took a trip around the Cabot Trail - based on a suggestion we had to include Meat Cove. When looking for accommodation I came across this place.

Location - and the end of the earth. Ok not really, but feels like it. The view from the deck is spectacular. If you were any closer to the cliffs you would fall off.

Lodge - It is a 5 bedroom house. The furniture is from the 70s. The bedrooms have a double bed, dresser and light. The sheets were clean. There is two bathrooms, but only one of them has a shower. There is a kitchen with a fridge and stove, some basic cutlery and flatware. There is also a BBQ on the deck. There is actually two decks - the one on the second floor gives you the most best views. At only $70 a night - I say you get everything you need at a great price. There was two of us - and so he actually gave us a fantastic deal on two rooms. There is nobody there when you get there, but there is a phone so that you can call and let him know you have arrived. Then he will come down and meet you.

There was a pile of wood, and a fire pit - so we poured ourselves a glass or 3 of wine and sat out enjoying a great fire and one of the best views I have ever seen.

I WILL be returning here when I have more than one night to enjoy the area.

Room Tip: The driveway in is very steep - VERY steep. If you back up to the first driveway - it is easier to get into.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank maggiemaeCanada
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

The view is stupendous. The dirt road..no problem. The rooms clean and bright. The kitchen well stocked (they supply coffee milk, coffee, tea, and margerine). The Internet works.I was given a brand new duvet and Harold dropped by to say hi. There is an open door and phone numbers to call when you get here. I am super early in the season so few people.

The only thing I don't like is that the whole house smells of old smoke even though there is a no smoking sign. However...in the off season they do moose hunts and I understand that it would be nearly impossible to prevent people from smoking. I could tell they tried to air it out.

Remember to buy groceries before coming..

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AmandafromVancouver
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We loved this place. The views were amazing! The owner is very nice and with extended stays offers a reduced rate. We stayed for eight nights. The owner actually looks out for you as well. My wife and I decided to go for a hike. When we hadn't returned by night, the owner took his 4 wheeler out on the trail and found us. I was so relieved to see those lights from the four wheeler when we were out on the trail. Hector was full of information and told us all about Meat Cove. The place was clean and the furnishings were excellent. I can't say enough great things about this place.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple