“Second visit”

Virtual Flight Experience
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wolvey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have you ever wondered what it feels like to take the controls of a modern jet airliner? Here is your chance! Fly our state of the art simulator in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second visit to VFE and this time I had a 90 minute session which included two flights. First flight was from Gatwick to Jersey including programming the FMC and following the checklists. The second flight was from the new Hong Kong airport Chep Lap Kok to the old airport Kai Tak. This was a visual circuit. Lining up on the checkerboard and landing using the curved approach. The first landing was a touch and go followed by a full stop landing. I would recommend this experience to anyone as it is as close you can get to flying without a license. The staff were extremely welcoming and the facilities were very good.

1  Thank AlphaEcho212
Virtual Flight E, Manager at Virtual Flight Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Always a pleasure and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for the positive comments on behalf of all at Virtual Flight Experience

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"throttle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My other half had a 60 min experience and I sat in with him , the gentleman who trained him was amazing, we will definitely book again loved every minute

1  Thank Helen C

We really look forward to welcoming you both again in the future, great to hear you both enjoyed it. Thank you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had really great day on the B 737 . The instructor was very helpful letting me take control as much as I can handle.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Really pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience and we hope to see you again. Thank you

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Really enjoyed the experience of flying a 737. From planning the route to loading in the flight plan to taking off and landing, loved it all. Gavin, my instructor, was very patient and helpful. Took off from Gatwick and landed safely in Jersey. Everything was very professional. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Virtual Flight E, Owner at Virtual Flight Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

You are more than welcome Lynne. Thanks for visiting!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I found VFE whilst looking on the internet for a suitable sim to prepare for an upcoming sim assessment with a cargo airline that would be my first flying job. Whilst not being the same aircraft type as the sim assessment would be flown in VFE provided a good opportunity to refresh jet handling skills, instrument scan, precision approaches and also to fly the assessment route. The sim at VFE is very clean and very well equipped. Sim graphics are of equal quality to other simulators I have used. There is no functioning ADF but this didn't prove to be an issue for what I needed to do. Matt did my first session to refresh my handling skills and instrument scan rate and was completely happy to follow my requirements, he also provided some great tips. Kieron did my second session which was a practise for the assessment route and to nail the ILS approach. A great session which left me feeling confident for the upcoming assessment. I had a further session booked but this was cancelled due to tech problem with the sim. I completed my airline sim assessment recently and was successful, I expect to start type rating course before the end of the year. I fully recommend VFE to anyone in a similar situation, a good sim at a price that can't be beaten. My greatest thanks to Matt, Kieron and all at VFE.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Virtual Flight E, Manager at Virtual Flight Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for such a positive review, we are delighted to hear that you passed your assessment!

In regards to the ADF. Our sim actually has two working ADFS, not just one! Due to positioning differences between the ADFs on our sim and the 737 classic (which Kieran flys for his airline), Kieran did not realise where our ADFS were located until after you had left. Really sorry about that Simon. At least it proves that we have real airline pilots instructing at VFE and that every aircraft is different!

Really hope to see you at some point in the future and once again, massive congratulations from all of us at VFE on your new job as an airline pilot.

Best wishes - Steve