“Sim assessment preparation”

Virtual Flight Experience
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wolvey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Have you ever wondered what it feels like to take the controls of a modern jet airliner? Here is your chance! Fly our state of the art simulator in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I found VFE whilst looking on the internet for a suitable sim to prepare for an upcoming sim assessment with a cargo airline that would be my first flying job. Whilst not being the same aircraft type as the sim assessment would be flown in VFE provided a good opportunity to refresh jet handling skills, instrument scan, precision approaches and also to fly the assessment route. The sim at VFE is very clean and very well equipped. Sim graphics are of equal quality to other simulators I have used. There is no functioning ADF but this didn't prove to be an issue for what I needed to do. Matt did my first session to refresh my handling skills and instrument scan rate and was completely happy to follow my requirements, he also provided some great tips. Kieron did my second session which was a practise for the assessment route and to nail the ILS approach. A great session which left me feeling confident for the upcoming assessment. I had a further session booked but this was cancelled due to tech problem with the sim. I completed my airline sim assessment recently and was successful, I expect to start type rating course before the end of the year. I fully recommend VFE to anyone in a similar situation, a good sim at a price that can't be beaten. My greatest thanks to Matt, Kieron and all at VFE.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Virtual Flight E, Manager at Virtual Flight Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for such a positive review, we are delighted to hear that you passed your assessment!

In regards to the ADF. Our sim actually has two working ADFS, not just one! Due to positioning differences between the ADFs on our sim and the 737 classic (which Kieran flys for his airline), Kieran did not realise where our ADFS were located until after you had left. Really sorry about that Simon. At least it proves that we have real airline pilots instructing at VFE and that every aircraft is different!

Really hope to see you at some point in the future and once again, massive congratulations from all of us at VFE on your new job as an airline pilot.

Best wishes - Steve

in 6 reviews
"throttle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The simulator experience was brilliant, something I have wanted to do for years and I definitely wasn't disappointed. Steve was really good, a great instructor who put me at ease and explained things in a clear and friendly way.

1  Thank stevepears0nward
Virtual Flight E, General Manager at Virtual Flight Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

So pleased you enjoyed your visit. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

If you enjoy a challenge definitely do this it's that good I booked again before we left,very friendly and well set up

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for the positive review. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

What a fantastic place, all the staff are very friendly and professional, I had never done anything like this before but was made to feel comfortable and given the confidence, the simulator is an amazing piece of kit, you are not rushed and the instructor talks to you in terms that you can understand, I would definitely recommend this experience for anyone who loves planes.

1  Thank Karlgriffiths

Hi Karl thanks so much for the positive review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your flight. Hope to see you again!