All reviews adult pool garden suite family pool beautiful hotel tennis courts upgraded room small terrace rental car bar menu main building manor house breakfast and dinner top class peace and quiet relaxing stay pool bar tapas
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here last week as a last minute decision to get away for a few days. Friends had recommended not getting a car, and although I might for next time, it was great advice as it meant we literally sat by the pool and relaxed for once! The rooms were very clean and smart, breakfast excellent - especially the ability to be able to dine in the courtyards both in the morning and then for tapas in the evening. Staff were all very pleasant and courteous and were more than happy to deliver food & wine pool side. We also both had massages and these were excellent - having previously lived in Asia Pacific and experienced this kind of luxury on a regular basis, I thought I would be picky but it was definitely worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My son and I stayed for a long weekend in October to celebrate his 13th birthday. I've stayed at many Hiltons, including other Spa hotels, Conrads and Waldorfs and I have to say that the Hilton Sa Torre is truly excellent. We were warmly welcomed with friendly yet professional service and the staff (thank you Naomi in particular) helped book our activities, including jetskiing and golf lessons. The room (3003) was super comfortable with a nice sitting room area and the meals were truly excellent; we were on a dinner, B&B arrangement but the hotel has a Michelin starred restaurant and the quality clearly spills over to the normal rrstaurant too. The wines were nice too ! You do need a car to get there and to move around the island but the (slightly) remote peaceful location is a joy and the grounds are lovely to wander around. We would happily go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights to explore Mallorca. First off, I will say that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and a car is needed. I couldn't imagine visiting Mallorca and not renting a car, so this should not be an issue. The only time the location becomes an issue is when you might need to go out and pick something up such as a quick bite, snacks, drinks, wine, etc. So I highly suggest stopping at a store before returning to the hotel for the evening so that you have what you need and don't have to venture out on a 15-20 minute drive to get something. That being said, this hotel is a wonderful place to stay while visiting Mallorca. The hotel grounds are very pretty and the rooms are nice...but I did not find the rooms to be anything extraordinary considering how nice the rest of the hotel was. The breakfast buffet is the best part of the stay...it is AWESOME and there is a very cute courtyard to sit at in the mornings while eating. There is a spa area with a gym and an indoor pool (which was freezing considering it is supposed to be heated) and an outdoor pool that was not heated. I was surprised that these pools were not heated as this would have made the hotel stay so much nicer so that people could take a dip at night and relax by the pools...but forget that because they were way too cold. There are restaurants at the hotel; as well as, room service. One thing about this hotel, which I was really dissapointed about, is that they do not treat their Diamond members any differently than their other guests...there are absolutely no perks...no complimentary bottle of wine, no waters in the rooms everyday...NOTHING except late checkout and free wi-fi. In fact, I was quite surprised to see that this hotel only gave two complimentary bottles of water on the first day you arrived and never again...quite surprising considering that other Hilton hotels do this and the mere fact that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. (Little tip though, there is a water machine in the gym that you can fill up a bottle with if needed.) So, Hilton could work on that but this would not deter my stay. If you are deciding between staying in Palma or at the Hilton, stay at the Hilton. You can go explore Palma and other parts of the island for the day and then go back to the tranquil ambiance of the Hilton. If you are looking to party in the evenings and be around something happening at night, than stay in Palma as there is nothing going on at the Hilton. As far as rooms go, I would recommend asking for a room with a first floor terrace. Our room, 3005, faced the pool and provided very little privacy. In fact, all of the terraces are open to the public walking areas...the ones facing the cathedral were much more private so I would suggest asking for one of those. If I were returning to Mallorca, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room, 3005, faced the pool and provided very little privacy. In fact, all of the terraces are open to the public walking areas...the ones facing the cathedral were much more private so I would suggest asking for one of those.
3  Thank PeaceInTraveling
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My Wife and I spent 3 nights here at the end of September and we were hugely impressed. Although a member of a large chain, the hotel had the feel of a country house hotel. The staff were all delightful and when I requested a move from a twin to a double, this was achieved with the minimum of fuss. It is a very convenient 15 minute drive from the airport but is quite isolated so a car hire is probably best if you are doing anything more than a weekend chill out. The Restaurant food was generally excellent and while pricey, not as bad as some similar hotels. If I am trying to find fault, I would say that the pool area could be a little bigger (although we had no trouble getting sun beds at the end of Sept) - but thats about it.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

An authentic Spanish retreat for sure, this is a fine hotel in a very unique setting (just what we wanted). Location is obviously off the beaten track, so a car rental is a must if you are to enjoy everything this magical island has to offer.

Palma is an easy 25min drive if you desperately urge City luxuries and as with the case with Majorca you are never too far from a stunning beach or two. The hotel is spotlessly clean and room decor is true to the location, there is really a lovely vibe going on here. Breakfast is plentiful, good selection of hot & cold food, I would strongly recommend opting for an Inclusive package (there is no breakfast alternative for 5 miles in any direction!) so best just to take care of it here.

2 pools are both as nice as you would expect, the Spa & Gym is complimentary for Residents and is located underground somewhat out of the considerable sunshine, but has very good facilities.

We did not sample the on site restaurant for evening dinner, instead choosing to go for a drive to the many strips of restaurants where we felt choice was better. The hotel did help us mark a personal celebration and were a joy to deal with, staff were extremely accommodating and made our stay an absolute pleasure.

All in all this is a truly stunning property and I recommend it without reservation, so much that I am sure we will return some day.

Just make sure you have a car + sat nav!

Room Tip: Opt for a Terrace room, worth paying a little extra for