All reviews naturist resort self catering ping pong table local spar winter sun beach bar hired a car either direction short walk half board the main hotel pool area choice of food plenty of sunbeds sauna complex clientele
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It doesnt need much to have a guest writing a good review praising a place that might hardly deserve to be praised; and it doesnt need much to have a guest writing a bad review for a place that might have deserved a better review.

Monte Marina: we stayed for a week. The quality of the services was exceptionally high. The cleanness levels might be the highest one may expect from all hotels visited in their life.

Breakfast was rich and high quality.

Of course there may have been also some unfortunate small incidents - I prefer to keep them for me - what I will only say is that they may be result of some little old fashioned understanding of discipline as it appears in certain cultures. Like, for example, the breakfast face control - sometimes the waiters were stricter than the police controllers in the Schengen agreement area. But as i already said, I understand that the exceptionally high quality of all services has to have a little bit of a cultural price.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Hobbit2013
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I have just spent a very quiet relaxing 2 weeks at the Monte Marina Naturist apartments.I was made to feel welcome as soon as I arrived at reception and throughout my stay I found everyone to be friendly and welcoming.
The apartment was clean as were the gardens and complex as a whole.There was some construction work in the pool area during my stay but this never interfered with my relaxtion.
The main bulk of guests were German,as were the owners this was reflected in the choice of food offered,service is buffet style so you could choose what suited your taste,not your usual English food but a choice to suit most.
One drawback was the split site,staying in the naturist appartment did give a walk to the restaurant at meal times,not really suitable if you are not able to walk up hills.
The walk from the hotel to/from the beach is down a rather steep path or by using the steps to access the beach some distance from the hotel.Once on the beach there are quite a few naturists as well as textiles,I done the walk from Esqinzo to Jandia lighthouse there and back naked on 4 occasions feeling quite relaxed and at home,although naturlists were in the minority they were accepted and everyone went about their own business.If you do decide to do this walk don't get caught out by the incoming tide or you could become stuck in one of the coves until the tide recedes.
Sadly the location of this hotel lets it down so I won't be returning purely for that reason,certainly not a location for children or anyone looking for some activity during the evenings

Room tip: Rooms 1 to 12 in the naturist appartments have the longest walk to the restaurant and swimming pool.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 29 June 2017

JUST returned after two weeks in this complex to say it is fully naturist is not true there is a entrance in which one has to walk in from the road and proceed up steps past apartments of which one was ours, The pavement runs up outside of the walkway which has a low wall looking at a hotel across the road which also looked into our bedroom window no way could one be naked with adults and children from the pool across the road visible. To enter the naturist area (GDR) one has to unlock and enter through a metal door to the pool and sauna area which i have to say were very nice ,but all sun beds with fixed umbrellas had towels on them reserved by our German friends .The hotel and the breakfast were orientated towards German style, restaurant staff were very nice .i feel that we had gone to a German hotel with a naturist pool area ,after trying the pool three times, twice at 9,00AM but still no brollys because of reservations we spent the rest of our holiday on a lovely beach just down the road and naturist heaven. The whole area seems to be tailored towards German tourists the one restaurant nearby was closed for holidays for five weeks, we were told by a local lady that the area was dead owing to all inclusive holidays and people not eating or drinking out.. This is the first time i have complained in thirty years of holidays but feel we have been misled by the wording naturist resort, to round things off no air con so bitten to pieces while sleeping by not sure what .Apartment was dated but ok except for musty smell in wardrobe(lack of air flow) which tainted clothes.If one thought of a German holiday with heat this is for you.

Room tip: Ask for pool area for naturism
Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank rod w
Reviewed 6 March 2017

All in all it was a great trip February last year, although we didn't realise untill it was time to come home because we had pretty changeable mainly cold weather. Staff were brilliant as was the company, friendly if you want but never in your face. Accommodation was brilliant and breakfast was good in the hotel. Going back this week for another great chill out, coming?

Room tip: Not really sure what you or your partner wants
Date of stay: March 2017
4  Thank Scarborough666
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We ate here on 2 nights. The restaurant lacks ambience. Service was a little slow on one occasion and the order was a little mixed up. Although apologies were forthcoming, it does not really make up for sitting there without a drink. The starter was a shared prawns in garlic and oil which was fine. The sole was good. I had fish fillets in breadcrumbs which was far too much for me alone. With the Canarian potatoes I am sorry to say that a lot went back. Luckily they had managed to lose the patatas fritas order that comes as part of the meal. Too full for pud……..

We ate there again on a buffet night which included paella.

Date of stay: February 2017