“No bells and whistles just good food”
Review of Osteria De Dada'

Osteria De Dada'
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Spello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018

The menu list at the front of the shop is tattered but the restaurant was full most nights so we gave it a try. There were no menus offered inside but our waitress negotiated our meals with a mixture of sign language and a few words understood on both sides. All part of the fun. The food was good and the account was about 15€ less for the two of us than every else we ate in Spello for the same amount of food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I was in Spello ona day trip and found this little Osteria and decided to have lunch here, what a great decision. It was like the lunches my mum used to make and it was just perfect. Opted for bruschetta as a start followed by a delicious tagliatelli ragu. The dessert was biscuits to be dipped in Montefalco Sagrantino Passito sweet wine (OMG make sure you try this) and then a nice espresso to end the meal. As i say PERFECT. Also everyone else in the place seemed like locals, so what else do I need to say. BUONISSIMO.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

No menu, they just list out what they have on for the night - food was great, the staff were pleasant & accommodating.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. Pro tip : maybe look elsewhere if you’re in any kind of hurry. The service is super friendly and fun but slow, very slow. Good hearty traditional Italian food matched to local wines. Not haute cuisine but delicious and authentic.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This was not the most sophisticated meal I had in Italy on my last trip, but it was one of the most enjoyable. The place was full of Italians - always a good sign - and it helps if you speak Italian: the owner's first question to me was: can you speak Italian? The food was great. As others have said, there's no real menu, they tell you what they are doing that day. In my case it was a fresh ravioli. I didn't take any pictures because I would have felt embarrassed to do so in such a place.
The cook was a real character! Cast from the same mould as Chus Lampreave, the neurotic grandmother in Almodovar films such as "La flor de mi secreto", you could hear her shouting in the kitchen if a plate came back with a single morsel uneaten. From time to time she wondered out into the restaurant to chat to the diners. I'm really looking forward to going back.