See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2017

My family plus that of my in-laws stayed at Sporting Club Tanca Manna for a week in early July. Highlights:
The Beach-The beach is beautiful (apart from another establishment's bright inflatable bouncy float in the cove) This eye sore can easily be avoided by walking to several of the other beaches along the path.
Food: We found the food to be average to very good.Breakfast is great with many options. Lunch and dinner always offered two first plates options as well as two second plate options. Salad and fresh fruit, plus typical Sardinian grilled vegetables offered at every meal.
Housekeeping and kitchen/wait staff wonderful and very attentive.

Negatives: Noisy. The college age staff-animatori--were very nice, but really I couldn't stand the noise on the microphone and music from 9:30-11:30pm every night. I understand this is very common at european beach resorts catering to families, but I found it very intrusive. Request a room at the rear of hotel. If you have a view, you have noise.
There is a piazza and bar near the hotel. They too create incredible noise. People screaming on microphones until midnight.
I had no idea what to think about the hotel management. There were dead plants all over the place. Why they weren't just removed I have no idea. For every 5 dead plants, they planted one new one. It was bizarre. Pool staff tends to be on their cell phones. The grounds could use some tidying up. On the day we arrived, there were 3 pizza boxes at near the entrance to the hotel. Five days in, they were still there. I have a feeling all the staff passed the same trash every day while muttering, "not my job". That's a problem that starts at the top. Management.

Room tip: aim for no view if you want to sleep in peace in the rear of hotel
Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Tara M
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Blasting music day and night. No peace, no silence. A cheap costa del sol joint, without the buzz.
The entire Tancamanna complex is run down, the supermarket is expensive.
Evoide the area at all costs.

Room tip: don't bother going.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

we had a fantastic Holiday in this hotel.
The Rooms are all Big and Clean. All with sea view.
2 Big swimming pool, a fantastic sea and a Good restaurant.
All Young workers Very professional.
The position of hotel is perfect if you want visit the North coast of Sardinia.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2015

We stayed late May, and nothing was open, pool, bar, restaurant. We booked through RCI that also stated it had an indoor pool and gym, if it did, nothing was open.

The rooms are fair sized, clean and well serviced, but have limited equipment for most self catering travelers ( no kettle, toaster, micro, coffee maker etc ).

Beach is a five minute walk, and a beautiful spot.

With a hire car to explore this is a great location to explore Esmarelda coast, but given comments above, don't expect 3 or 4* resort.

Date of stay: May 2015
2  Thank MilesH918
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I spend with my family 4 days in this hotel when we were in Sardinia. Hotel is comfortable, room was clean with direct access to the garden (room no. 107). The beach with small pebble and sand is little bit far - 10 - 15 min walk from hotel through the road. Breakfast I can evaluate like "not so bad". For 4 star hotel I can imagine rich offer of fruits, vegetable and local products. Sometimes it was difficult to speak with the staff English and order simple things like tee or coffee, but OK we were in Italy and trying to learn some Italian words :-).

Date of stay: July 2014