“This place is now closed”
Review of Mama Sheila's Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Mama Sheila's Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 1 February 2014

It is now a bakery...too bad this was a pretty nice place and one of the few in the bay that actually had pricing that was realistic rather than astronomice

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Upon entering the restaurant the ppl were very friendly and had the Caribbean vibe of taking their time with preparing the meals. I cant complain on "how long" my food took, bc I was:
#1 enjoying my time being on vacation.
#2 the alcohol is cheap so I told them to keep the booze coming (I managed to just finish ONE beer and my food was rdy)
#3 HELLO, i'm on VACATION, island life is all abt moving at their pace, to which, as a tourist we should all follow their lead.
I ordered their fried chicken, and I couldn't be anymore happier that I ordered them. It's been 7 months since I've last eaten at Mama Shelia's, and I still think abt the fried chicken, it was very tender & moist. If I wasn't running late to the catch my plane back home the next day, I would have no problems boarding on the plane with some more fried chicken.
If I ever visit St Lucia again, I would def come back here!!!

2  Thank kim n
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We came across Mama Sheila's just by accicent on our ride from Rodney Bay to Soufriere. It was about the end of our sailing trip and first we were a bit awkward since we had experienced a lot on our cruise through the windward Islands:
The yacht was robbed in Marigot Bay while we were having drinks in the Hurricane Hole Hotel, we were cheated in Union, had our worst meal with totally unfriendly people at a beach bar on the Salt Whistle Bay. So we started with asking for menus ... and there were menus ... clearly to read, fair prices and the dining room looked nice enough (not fancy but down to earth, and lovingly done). We ordered 5 different dishes between six people. They did not come all at the same time, but that left us some time to try whatever came first and all 5 dishes tasted extraordinary good, they were freshly cooked with local ingrediences and nicely presented. There were fresh local juices and other beverages at reasonable prices as well. When we left we learned that the Restaurant was now run by the three children of Mama Sheila. Although we were stuffed, Ferdie gave us a free treat of his famous cheesecake made by himself from the scratch and it was delicious.

So everyone: if you ever visit St. Lucia ... don't miss Mama Sheila's for authentic creole food!

2  Thank Martina H
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Amazing food and really good fresh juices i never had before. Loved it!! We were ripped of so many times in St. Lucia and this was the first time we were able to relax while eating and to enjoy it. For US$ 80 6 people had an fantastic evening. Go there!

2  Thank goldenapple24
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived quite late (8.30pm) on a week night, towards the end of the season, but Ferdi (the owner) stayed open for us. Fantastic food and good groves. Thank you.

2  Thank Nixannon