“A quick walk for breakfast and coffee”
Review of Cafe Amalia

Cafe Amalia
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Armadale
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This place is right near Toorak Railway station. They do a great poached eggs and bacon, or eggs anyway you wish. Two minute walk for me and the coffee is great. They have papers for you to browse. Service is great and un-rushed. Like this place and have been back several times.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We had limited time - had planned to arrive earlier but due to one of our group being sick - just two of us arrived just before two when kitchen closed - was no trouble - made to feel welcome. We had cauliflower and leek soup - delicious! Would definitely go back to taste other dishes. Cosy and quiet and great service.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a Friday night dinner in bleak Melbourne weather and found the meal and surroundings very satisfactory
The staff could not have been more helpful , I could hear what my family were saying without doof doof music blaring in my ear and the food was terrific
I had rump of lamb with tasty mashed potato , spinach and juniper sauce and loved every bit of it .
The staff go to a great deal of trouble to create a peaceful , backwater eatery where you can actually talk without yelling over the table
Well done , we will be back

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Lovely French cafe ideal for a superb dejeuner , Croissant and cafe ,
Lovely staff too,I certainly will be back in the future when back from Sydney

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Cafe Amalia is a quaint little place. We have tried all the cafes along Rose Street, Beatty Avenue down to Mammoth Cafe. Based purely on the coffee, Cafe Amalia does the best job. There seems to be more of a focus on coffee at Amalia than the other cafes. It really is a quaint little place. We were there on a cold Melbourne morning. Being in the front room, the draft coming in the front door was most uncomfortable and the door does not close automatically. Around 33% of patrons were born in a tent and left the door open as they came in or out. Also, deliveries are made through the front door and both doors are left wide open while the delivery is made. The narrowness of Cafe Amalia lends to its quaintness. However, being popular and with deliveries, the narrowness can make those seated in the front room feel like they are in Burke Street at peak hour. Having said all that, the cafes in this precinct are a few rungs below the best in Richmond and Las Chicas in Balaclava. If I was local I would hop in for a coffee at Cafe Amalia. Not being local and if focused on a brunch/lunch experience, I would travel to Las Chicas, Pillar of Salt & Top Paddock.