“Best Trip of My Life”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rafi A
Accra, Ghana
“Best Trip of My Life”
Reviewed 10 February 2012 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

My husand and I were married at Villa Flor de Cabrera in August 2011. Along with 20 of our closest friends and family, we had the best week of our lives. Elisha and the staff attended to our every need. Lubin, is an amazing chef, and was kind enough to share a few of his recipes with several of our guests. His pumpkin soup and sancocho are out of sight! The pool is huge and so relaxing, but we were also able to hook up our ipods and crank up the party when we wanted to. The gardens are immaculate, and have lovely nooks and crannies with benches and chairs that allow for private time too. All of the rooms are comfortable and well fitted. The design and decor are perfect. Nothing is overdone. Just natural, soothing tones and furnishings that fit the pituresque setting. It was a wonderful week of sun, sand and love at Villa Flor de Cabrera.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property was even better than advertised.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Robert B
Washington, DC
“Fantasy Wedding at Flor de Cabrera”
Reviewed 16 January 2012 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

We spent four days at Flor de cabrera for our wedding this past October, and I don't know if I even have the words to convey how amazing our experience was. To begin with, the accomodations and location are absolutely breath-taking. With a 10-room villa sitting ocean-front on a cliff over a semi-private beach, what's there not to like? The experience was like feeling like a rich person for a weekend. The rooms are large and tastefully decorated, with amazing ocean views. The property itself is laid out beautifully, with a large, resort-like pool (with jacuzzi) in the center, surrounded by gorgeous tropical flowers and trees. There are several sitting areas in little nooks around the property, where you can sit in solace to take in the fantastic ocean and beach views. And I loved the coral side-walls on the steps leading down to the beach. The villa owners did a great job putting this place together.

On top of all that, the personal, attentive service provided by the villa staff was superb. These guys work very, very hard to make sure you are happy. They truly cater to your every whim, from breakfast in the morning, until the last person goes to sleep at night. You get your meals prepared by your personal chef - hey Lubin! :) - and I can tell you that all of the meals, especially our wedding dinner, were magnificent! We have guests still raving over the rosemary potatoes, the pumpkin soup, the steak, the lobster, the chicken ... I could go on and on. For our wedding weekend, the staff not only handled the on-site needs of our villa guests, but also arranged outside services like massages (highly recommended), music and dance entertainment (the beach bonfire with merengue demonstration and lessons was so much fun), and on-site hair and make-up services for the bridal party. They also arranged and coordinated transportation to the center of town and other local beaches as well as handling evening & wedding day transportation between Flor de Cabrera & a local hotel (Hotel Catalina, also excellent) for our overflow guests. Between the villa and the hotel, we had 50 wedding guests that weekend with three nights of events at the villa, and the staff handled all of this flawlessly.

Most importantly, anybody who has or is going through planning a wedding knows how stressful the experience can be and how much you want everything to turn our perfectly. Because of all the hard work of the Flor de Cabrera staff and the Bella Epoca Events team, our wedding turned out even better than we could have ever imagined. It truly felt like a magical event, with the flag banners, the table settings, the amazing floral centerpieces, the lovely beach set up ... All I know is that every time I look at my pictures and think back to that weekend, I will have amazingly beautiful memories that you simply cannot put a price on. And all of our guests feel the same way. I am so glad we found Flor de Cabrera when we were looking for a place to have our wedding, and I am ecstatic over how everything turned out. Thanks FDC and Bella Epoca!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staff service, luxury accomodation, beautiful location
Liked least: Beach at villa has a lot of coral, but there is a beautiful sandy one nearby
Travelling group: Large Group/Tour
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing