“A beautiful B&B well worth all the praise it receives.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masham
Mandalina at Masham
Ranked #6 of 7 Masham B&B and Inns
Scarborough
“A beautiful B&B well worth all the praise it receives.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here in March 2012 for my husband's birthday and our stay was 100% perfect in every way.

The email correspondance with the owners before our arrival encouraged me that we would recieve a warm welcome and upon arrival we were not disappointed. Sue had advised that our room would be available from noon as we were making the most of our time in Masham. We checked in between brewery tours and found the room to be above our expectations.

We booked the superior double and it certainly did live up to it's name. The furniture and soft furnishings were beautiful and gave the surroundings a feeling of opulence and luxury. The bathroom was immaculate, both the large shower and stand alone bath were amazing to use and made the whole room that little bit more special. There were even toiletries and perfumes available to use in the bathroom - which was another lovely touch!

We were even given a bottle of wine in the room and a birthday card for my husband! Oh and the slices of homemade fruit cake and tiffin in the room were also welcomed as a mid afternoon pick me up!

We were given a key and informed of the basic information that we needed to know and then told just to ask if we needed anything else.

We went down for breakfast the following morning and, as far as I'm concerned, had one of the tastiest English breakfasts that I can remember. There was also a selection of cereals, fresh fruits and beverages available to enjoy while breakfast was being cooked. This meal completely set us up for the day.

Although my husband has visited B&Bs in the past, this was my first ever time staying in one, and I don't think it will ever be beaten. We do hope to return again in the future - thanks again for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked lovely!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I booked a night at the Mandalina so my husband and I could visit the breweries. I chose the Mandalina because the feedback on Trip Advisor was all very positive.

From my initial enquiry with Sue about purchasing as a gift to when we left it was a pleasure. Sue and Ian were both lovely.

We took the opportunity of the nice Spring weather to go on our motorbike and were greeted with a friendly smile and a great secure parking space for the bike.

Everything was perfect - the hosts, the room and the superb breakfast - we didn't eat again all day!

We will definitely go back - just a shame we had only booked for one night.

Thanks from John and Linda

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Linda H
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I booked for three nights for a surprise weekend away as it was my partner's birthday. Sue was the perfect host, I had a gift delivered to the B&B and she had placed it on the bed for us, plus she had added a lovely touch in placing a birthday card and bottle of nice wine on the dresser from her and Ian. Wonderful attention to detail, spotlessly clean and a fantastic breakfast. A perfect weekend away in the perfect B&B.

1 Thank Samantha_Ashton
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My partner booked us into Mandalina as a birthday treat for myself in mid-February 2012.
Sue and Ian, our hosts, could not have made us more comfortable or more welcome.
The rooms are all gorgeous, distinctive, and unquestionably the cleanest and most orderly of any I have stayed in.
We were greeted on arrival with slices of cake, and for the birthday boy - a very nice bottle of red wine and a birthday card from our hosts! A lovely personal touch. My partner had also arranged for a gift box from the nearby Black Sheep Brewery to be delivered to our room, and this was waiting on the bed when we arrived.
The facilities are absolutely first-class - the rooms well-sized, the bed huge, comfortable and quiet, the furniture great and the bathroom superb - with a huge bath and a lovely powerful shower with seemingly endless hot water and copious large fresh towels. All was spotless, and every kind of toiletry was provided as well. Everything was fresh-smelling and warm - no musty guest-house experiences here.
Breakfast was also in a league of its own, with a great choice of cereals, fresh fruit, and yoghurt as well, and for the greedy (us), this could be followed by a decidedly un-greasy cooked breakfast of choice, all genuinely cooked to perfection.
Masham itself is an attractive, stone-built market and brewing town with lots to offer visitors, and makes a great base for exploring the Dales - as we did.
I can't recommend Mandalina too highly - Thanks Sue and Ian!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, with just different bed sizes/types in each - check when you book.
Huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed for three nights (for the price of two) in very cold weather. We were always warm and comfortable, and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Mandalina. Sue was really welcoming and helpful, providing us with local information. We did appreciate being able to leave our muddy boots inside the door, despite the floor being otherwise spotless. The breakfasts were superb, with extensive choice, really well cooked and presented. The location, a terrace in a quiet street south of the market place, is really convenient for walking into Masham, with parking available on the street.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masham
1.5 km away
0.2 km away
The Bay Horse
The Bay Horse
#3 of 7 in Masham

Been to Mandalina at Masham? Share your experiences!